1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Dude had his own app during the playoffs. I think he's doing fine

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

There is a growing sentiment around the NBA that Carmelo Anthony is hoping that Chris Bosh will sign with the Rockets so that he can join LeBon James in Miami, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
    Stein reported that five teams he talked to expressed the same thought as Carmelo's free agency decision drags on. This situation has turned into a bit of a high-stakes game of chicken to see which free agent will blink first and sign with Houston as the Rockets have reportedly offered max contracts to both Bosh and Anthony. The Bulls, Lakers, and Knicks are also in the running for Anthony's services while LeBron could thrown a huge wrench into the entire situation by signing with his hometown Cavaliers. This situation is getting cloudier by the day, but we should have some clarity soon after one of the proverbial dominoes fall.
    Source: Marc Stein on ESPN Jul 8 - 10:53 AM

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think this is clear. Melo and LeBron want to play together. That is why LA is still an option for Melo and that is why he nor LeBron have made up their minds where they will play.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What else would he be waiting on? It's NY or Miami

5. Fighton

Fighton Member

so whats lebron waiting on? its all up to him. are they (lebron and melo) waiting for lakers to line up a taker for nash?

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

So, I was watching SportsCenter and they had Tim Legler on. They were comparing the Heat lineup vs. the Rockets lineup with each having Bosh. Strange thing about the Houston one though is THEY HAD TERRENCE FREAKING JONES AT SMALL FORWARD!! COMPLETELY ignoring Chandler Parsons. Freaking idiots.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

ESPN is the worst network on television. I think Nickelodeon News has more integrity.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Wah??

9. fansclut2014

fansclut2014 Member

ESPN is a joke. they need to create content

10. Fullcourt

It's not that uncommon to exclude free agents in future projections. Even though we know better, it's still possible for Parsons to play elsewhere next season.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Don't give them the benefit of the doubt. They are salivating over Love and LeBron in Cleveland on their little lineup maker. It's ignored in Houston because they don't know anything about our team.

12. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Also if you look at the actual retraction, it doesn't actually rule out the possibility that Melo wasn't there that day too. It implied Melo wasn't there but wasn't an outright "Melo and Kobe were NOT together". Also I thought I saw a tweet by the UCLA assistant coach that was given earlier on that confirmed the two were there together. In any case, I give you props for the info and other info you've provided and appreciate it - it makes the GARM so much more interesting. Like most, I take everything with a grain of salt and am comfortable deciding when you're passing along info, providing opinions, and giving background color. Given that Clutch has vouched for you and your various info that has been confirmed, I don't have any reason to doubt that you have inside info. Appreciate it!

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

"The more Carmelo waits to make his decision the more it looks like hes staying in NY" - ESPN. Do you believe that or no?

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron James &amp; Dwyane Wade had dinner at LAVO in Vegas late last night with some friends before going to Marquee Night Club, a source said.</p>&mdash; Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/486558112300531712">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This screams either both of them going to Cleveland because Wade wants to pay it forward or B) Melo is coming to Miami.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Fullcourt

Two good friends had dinner together. Doesn't scream anything to me.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm so tired of this ****.
    What is going on.
    Are they together, are they done?
    Is Melo going somewhere?
    WTF!!!!!!

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Well you're naive then. According to all of these guys, LeBron cut off contact with Bosh and Wade since after the finals. All of a sudden LeBron and Wade are seen eating in Vegas, the night before Riley is to meet with LeBron without Bosh, their third best friend present.

It was either a break up dinner or a diabolic plan dinner.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Just the opposite for me. He met or had a conversation with Bosh separately on Saturday. This is what I would do with my co-workers I was close to if I were leaving.

20. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

It’s crazy that Bosh has been the one known for his feminine ways, and it’s the people around him who aren’t man enough to talk to him & tell him what’s up.