1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. cyberx

cyberx Member

Karl isnt an insider... He is giving PURE opinion...

2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Yeah, that was just his opinion. But it's interesting to see what he thinks because he's known Carmelo for a long time

3. afk

afk Member

So I take it Melo isn't making a decision this weekend, but on July 10? :mad:

4. HCA

HCA Member

Lol craaaazy thought here: what if melo and mainly lebron are waiting until all of the smaller free agents sign while the good teams that actually have a shot at them wait and are left with nothing? The bulls are still a threat for melo in the east, especially if rose returns and they sign quality free agents.

The rockets have this free agency and that is it. Once we re-sign parsons, say good bye to signing any game changer beyond the mle (lowry). Why would lebron care about the rockets? Well, why not? The spurs are only getting older and we are still a young team on the rise. They are weakest at the 5 and we have the best center in the league. This free agency will make or break us for the next 4-6 years. It can be the difference between 2 championships and none.

Lol, yeah it is far fetched, but you cant deny the fact that we have missed out on a few free agents, mainly lowry.

5. HCA

HCA Member

Be honest. Look at carmelo. He looks like a laker. His face has lakers/knicks written all over it. He cares a lot about his image thanks to his b****. He hates playing hard and that is what the rockets are about. Harden is not a bad defender, but he doesnt play as hard as his teammates. There is a difference. Other teams keep attacking him because of this. I digress.

If you care about money most then you have to factor in winning. Melo will win so many more games, including playoffs in a rockets uniform and that will lead to more endorsements and more money when he re-signs his current deals. He is too stupid to see this because he obviously has the wrong people advising him.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

He knows lots of things.

7. HCA

HCA Member

I saw an interview on youtube with lala yesterday on some stupid show/network i am sure no one watches. She seems stupid and doesn't look nearly as good as her photoshops. You can tell she really likes being in front of the camera.

8. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Carmelo Anthony tweets about Derek Jeter but can't give us an answer.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Rule #1. Never talk about Fight Club.

Rule #2. Never talk about Fight Club.

10. arjun

arjun Member

salary cap question please answer

When are exceptions given to teams? After July moratorium?

If Miami is under cap they won't have mle, if they are over...then they do.
    When is their salary cap situation determined for exceptions to be given?

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Teams have a choice to use them if they follow the CBA rules. Only timing issue is the new year rolling forward.

12. HCA

HCA Member

It is only fitting lala wants la.

I am ready to move on from melo. Pretty sure its la or ny. We can hope lebron leaves miami so we can get bosh, but it doesnt make sense. Lebron will front for leverage to screw wade in. What a ****ty friend, manipulating him like that to take less money.

Lowry is gone. There really isnt much left to be honest, but i havent taken a closer look. Melo and lebron can blind a gm.

13. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Is all of this actually going on Cyberx or are the Lakers still trying at LeBron and Melo?

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Interesting comments from a Western Conference Executive regarding the Lakers --- their FA pitch includes an extensive business section</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/486243963028766720">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The pitch features a detailed break down on earning potential is away from his salary, and maps out details on expected earnings as a Laker.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/486244343272181761">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The presentation is said to involve &quot;their business guys and partners&quot; and is extremely impressive.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/486244535522316288">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>.<a href="https://twitter.com/histino">@histino</a>: I'm sure Melo was blown away by that fact, which doesn't exist in NYC of course -&gt; Not saying that makes the $ part a non-factor.</p>&mdash; Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/stevekylerNBA/statuses/486246600109723649">July 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

15. fansclut2014

fansclut2014 Member

Hello, I am lurker here but whats the latest on Melo?

what is cyberx saying about Melo+ Lebron? to lakers? Heck no I hope its not true now

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He may be legit but homer gon homer. They can dream but it ain't happening.

I still don't see Melo in LA. Unless, it was the Clippers. LOL.

17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If you swap either the entire Rockets organization or entire Bulls organiztion with the Knicks...move them to NY...

There is 0 doubt about what Carmelo is going to do. He'd have already re-signed...Probably doesn't hit FA...

So having said that, it's odd that the two teams best positioned to do well on the basketball court seem to be getting the least amount of play.

Well...Melo, would have been nice to have you, but if you like being on mediocre teams for your entire career...Well....If you like it, I love it.

18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Hope i am wrong but Melo is NO Dwight. He ain't gonna choose us. So we'd better move on.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

20. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

We have to let this thread go.
    Anthony is out IMHO.