1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Huge gap in talent there. I guess IT would be if they could move Nash to clear up more space.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Please read my previous posts

3. i3artow i3aller

Interesting stuff...
    So basically it all comes down to whether Melo is willing to leave Bargs?
    [​IMG]

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

No need to listen to the hecklers!

Isaiah Thomas is a solid player. I would think he commands a decent salary. Does the league think that little of a 20 and 6 guy? I'm sure the Lakers have little leftover after signing someone to a max deal. Doesn't 20ppg at PG command at least 8 million per year?

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant were playing ball at UCLA today, one thing's for sure, source tells Yahoo: Kevin Love wasn't with them.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/485926085885177856">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

The things I would give to be best friends with Cyberx. Can you at least tell us how to get connections? lol

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Plus Thomas is a young player who hasn't had his payday. No way he signs with the lakers for a minimum deal.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>RT <a href="https://twitter.com/IanBegley">@IanBegley</a>: FWIW: UCLA senior associate AD tweets that Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Love were playing pickup ball at UCLA today</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/485921384900878336">July 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Say what? Man if we strike out this offseason, I can't WAIT to come into any game home or away against this Kobe/Love/Melo trio or the other crickety big 3 and just smash them up this year and the next and the next.

9. studogg

Is woj getting trolled by his sources this offseason? The Senior associate AD at UCLA confirmed Love was there

10. DuhWhiteHoward

I'm beginning not to trust every one of Woj's tweets. Where is he getting his "sources"? ???

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Kobe will be 36 when the season starts and is coming off two surgeries. He's a great player with a great work ethic but let's get real here. He's done as a star. Can he make a Tim Duncan like contribution? I think that's a big maybe.

The media can portray the lakers situation as rosy as they want to but it'd be a negative move for him to leave New York for them and if he did go west, they'd be hard pressed to get the 8 seed in a loaded west. I think they'd be in a race to be 9th.

New York isn't any good either but it's the east so no one cares.

If he wants to win he'll go to Chicago or Houston but if he feels comfortable in New York, I couldn't be mad at him. The Lakers would just be flat out stupid.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Woj seems sure of this one. He must have talked to Love or Love's agent.

13. studogg

Your point on Kobe is what anyone with a brain should be thinking of. Regardless of how good he looked today, his body is a ticking time bomb that won't be able to hold up to a season of basketball - much less postseason

And dat contract

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Very disappointing day, thought for sure we'd know something by the end of the weekend.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

LA would be stupid if the goal is to win next season. LA isn't stupid if you want the max and the most star potential. Same as NY.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Ok so how much cap room do LAKERS have if they trade NASH ? I know they have GASOL's bird rights like we have parsons, & can wait to sign RANDLE how moreys doing NICK J.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I feel really calm right now. I'm only refreshing like once every 5 minutes. I'm hoping King Drew is the most right of our insiders.

And spare me the they're not insiders garbage until you click on their name, click find all posts and dig thru their posting history. IF YOU WANT VERIFICATION, VERIFY IT. YOU HAVE THE TOOLS AT YOUR DISPOSAL AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO HAVE SOMEONE DO THAT FOR YOU.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Not enough to sign Melo and Love to max contracts while Kobe is on the books, that's for sure.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Lakers wasting all this time on Carmelo but still doesn't have a coach lol

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Didn't hear anything about LOVE, would it be enough to sign I. Thomas for $7-8mill & MELO... I keep seeing cybrex mentioning his name