1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Could the Lakers even afford to sign both Melo and Gasol?

2. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I told yall yesterday Melo wants the Big City ..LALA wants TMZ not Indmix.com

3. alin86

alin86 Member

Chicago & Houston are frontrunners when free agency begun.

NYK and LAL in lead when they can give melo more $$$

does the max $$$ given by each team are always known?

it shows melo just want to live in big cities, less wilingness to win.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Everyone is in the game.

That's the thing. This is just like Dwight last year.

I'm sure Melo has Pros and Cons to every option...so when a source says "Lakers can offer Max without making moves." or "Knicks sold Melo on their plan." they are just citing Melo's pros to that option. Not that he's made a decision.

This will change and change until he's made a decision.

I remember they tried to make it seem like Dwight was changing his mind every 10 minutes and that he's so wishy washy that he didn't know. In reality he probably was just weighing the pros and cons and was always set on here.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Sounds like a ploy by Melos camp to have other teams up their offer.

To me it sounds like Melo is ok on leaving NY but will wants max money from the other teams to do so. So far only the Lakers would entertain a max deal in return for Melo

6. TheresTheDagger

I love the NBA. I've been a fan for over 35 years. But when certain franchises have built in advantages others don't, it makes me start to lose interest.

I swear, if the Lakers rebuild through F/A this year....I might just be out. Watching them just recruit the best talent despite horrible management, NOT having the most money to offer and NO COACH is infuriating. The best athletes don't always care about winning anymore. They just want to have an acting career, be followed by the paparazzi and shake hands with Hollywood. Oh and they know they can get titles cause other talent will follow them there.

You don't have this problem in the NFL or MLB. Only the NBA. And it sucks.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Ramona is a laker lover for life.
    Bill Simmons is a hack that has an iconic following of idiots.

The Woj, well his insider info is usually spot on. If the Woj says we are out, we are out. Nothing to see here, let's move on.

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Just make up ur damn mind SMDH

9. sabesque

sabesque Member

Did Woj say we were out? he only said LA was still in.

10. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Did Woj say we are out

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Melo doesn't seem to know what he wants.

Seeing all these flip flopping makes me thankful that Dwight was pretty much dead set on his decision. In the end I think it makes the team much stronger.

1 person likes this.
  12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Thats the the small market big market dilemma. You can't change it and it IS part of sports, always has been. L.A offers glamor and stardom while middle of America.. Minnesota for example offers nothing but cold weather and a damp depressing solitary environment.

13. alin86

alin86 Member

it really sounds make sence.

14. tzou88

tzou88 Member

This only makes me respect Dwight Howard that much more.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's wrong though.

Remember according to the media last year, Dwight was the KING of flip-flopping.

There was a time when Dwight had made his decision and Broussard I think it was reported that Dwight was on a plan back to LA as the Lakers made some kind of last ditch effort to resign him.

All this mess is playing for hits.

At this point it's hard to even trust Woj because his sources could be biased as well.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Melo is getting double what Lowry is getting? :/

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, in the NFL and MLB it is still a problem sort of.

The Patriots make big signings every year and the Broncos have a insane roster. Lets not even talk about Soccer, the big clubs get the big names and the smaller clubs are basically feeder teams to them.

It is what it is I guess.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

They're not hacks because they don't report the Rockets. I've never had high hopes for Melo anyway. It just didn't seem like he would choose here given his previous actions.

They are hacks because they have been "coordinating" so that there's a new storyline everyday. If you think about, something new is always been said.

Melo is leaving NY.
    Melo wants to win.
    Melo's going to Chicago
    Melo shares agent with Thibs and loves Noah. Done deal!
    Oh wait, Melo sours on Chicago, not enough money
    So it's NY then
    We all knnew Melo has always wanted NY
    But wait Melo also loves LA
    But NY offering max Melo loves NY
    Meetings are good Melo will clearly stay in NY
    Oh wait don't stop following us, Melo will once again consider LA 2 days after meeting LA and he randomly decided LA rocks again!

The truth is, whether Houston or any other non major city is in the discussion is irelevant. Just like with Dwight and any other FA, the storyline will always make it seem like they're 12 year olds with ADD and change their opinion every day before they sign. After they choose a team, the story changes, "Melo clearly wanted ____ all along. Ignore that other BS that we've told you the past week."

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Melo goes to the Lakers, he's even less serious about winning than I thought. At least the Knicks have a shot at contending in the East in 2015. The Lakers are years away in a brutal Western Conference.

20. sabesque

sabesque Member

^^ Right. For all the lack of Houston talk I haven't seen "Melo has ruled the Rockets out." or anything intimating that we're out. Curious. (also wishful thinking)