1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Melo wants money and wants NY.

Rockets dodged a bullet here.

2. rocketblood713

Blessing in disguise

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Scolalist's roster IS feasible under the salary cap...if the Rockets acquire Melo via S&T.

Is it LIKELY? Of course not. But it is POSSIBLE.

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Exactly. Can you imagine $22M/year for a one-way inefficient player who needs the ball to be effective, who is on the wrong side of 30, and who does not make his teammates better?

5. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

I would not do the Parsons/Lin/Jones/Bev for Love/Barea/fillers I think that is too much, take out Bev and ill do it in a heart beat.

6. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This free agency sucks.... We need to get somebody ..... I don't want Parsons at like 10 million a year either...

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I know where you are coming from. Melo has his flaws, for sure -- and I have always seen him as sort of a Big Dog Glen Robinson 2.0, so, I don't think he is going to age well, just like Robinson did not.

However, this is going to be the last offseason the Rockets will have the cap space to go after a big time free agent. If we do not get Anthony, we won't be able to just wait until the next offseason. Once Parsons gets paid, thats it for our cap space. So, it is not like we can choose between Melo and someone like David West. This is the offseason, and Melo is the best free agent available.

Still, I don't completely disagree with you. I'll be happy with the roster either way. Melo seems to fit well to me, but I don't have a lot of faith in him as a player.

8. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'd do this trade (Parsons, Beverley, Lin, Jones, NO 1st) if it was a 3 team with the Wolves and Celtics and we netted both Love and Rondo. Otherwise, fa'get about it!

P.G. - Rondo / Johnson / Canaan
    S.G. - Harden / Daniels
    S.G. - FA (Marion?) / Covington
    P.F. - Love / Motiejunas
    ..C. - Howard / FA

That team is championship or bust.

9. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I could understand where your coming from.. but I wouldn't let Beverly get in the way of me getting Kevin Love. As long as we keep NO draft pick ( witch could be gold ) I would be fine with the trade, b/c no matter how u look at it..

Howard
    Love
    Pierce ( Parsons replacement ) (No guarantee)
    Harden
    Canaan

Is better than

Howard
    Jones
    Parsons
    Harden
    Beverly

We have to learn to stop over-rating our players b/c we watch them everyday.. like Kermit would say' but that non of my business..

10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Better yet, Morey tops that by not just making that deal for those players but signs Carmelo first then makes that 3 team trade.

P.G. - Rondo / Johnson / Canaan
    S.G. - Harden / Daniels
    S.F. - Anthony / Covington
    P.F. - Love / Motiejunas
    ..C. - Howard / FA

BIG 5! Suck it MIAMI! LOL

11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

I'm with Scolalist's roster and I have been on record for it for a while. Question for you Bima when you get a chance:

Would it be better for the Rockets to sign Melo out right with our cap space for the 19 million or so that we can create and then trade say Parsons, TJones, Drafts pics and Euro prospects for Love?

Or to make it all work under the rules, do we HAVE TO DO A S&T for Melo first before we could trade for Love using whatever assets are left after the Melo S&T?

In your understanding, if this "IDEAL DREAM SCENARIO" occurred, what would be the best possible "reasonable" situation for all teams that would work under the CBA? (if you don't mind indulging again...I know you did something similar already)

12. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

True, plus Love is a MVP caliber type player you have to give up almost anything for a player his level. I also agree with Rokman I'd love a 3 team trade (no pun intended) which would bring us Rondo and Love which would then make our starting 5:

Rondo
    Harden
    ???
    Love
    Dwight

13. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Agreed!! but if Morey could net Rondo, and Love without giving up Harden and Howard, I would let him R-Kelly me... lmao. And I'm well over the age limit

14. FANfrom86toNow

While that would be a great team, I would rather have:

Bev
    Harden
    Lebron or Melo
    Love
    Howard

and it's possible, no matter how likely. We won't know until Lebron and Melo both make a final decision.

15. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

He's not going to trade H&H, those are the two we're building around and the reason we're trying to get a 3rd star to go with them, I believe they'll be here until their contracts are up. Now what would really give me a heart attack is if some how we got both w/o giving up Parsons, or at least Love but I know that's impossible and just a dream but I can always hope! :grin:

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, to be honest, it wasn't my intention to come off like that.

So, Let Love Rule, with.....Rondo.

#4476 Plowman, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  17. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

I'm trying to be realistic here bro....I know it is possible but didn't Rich Paul not make us one of the three finalists to meet with Lebron next week in Cleveland? That means Lebron already knows he doesn't want to play with us.

Now Melo and Love is a little more realistic...this line up would be SICK:

Canaan (Bev will be gone)
    Harden
    Melo
    Love
    Dwight

18. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I agree that Harden and Howard are our building blocks, but if the right deal comes alone... I believe Parsons is the most likely to be Gonzo.. I just don't believe we would be able to get Rondo and Love with just giving up Parson, maybe the NO draft pick would be a factor.. which I would gladly give up, if those 2 was involved..

19. FANfrom86toNow

I understand what you are saying. Lebron will be/is stupid though if he doesn't consider us and allows us to form a super team without him that any team he is one will not be able to beat. But I will be just fine with Melo and Love.

20. Swishh

Swishh Member

You are such a homer. You say they aren't trading Parsons, but somehow, Morey will land Kevin Love with a package of Jones/Lin/DMo/picks? LOL.