1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Chalk this up to short-week euphoria (don't kill me for this):

Would it be possible to S&T Parsons to get Love, and still sign Melo as a FA? To end up with Bev / Beard / Melo / Love / Howard?

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Maybe a decision on July 4th like docs tweets lol

3. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

SR610 does Rockets talk all the time.... Wait....what?

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Man I hope so. I am going to be out of country for my wedding anniversary and I already know I am going to be in the dog house half the time because I am on my phone non stop waiting on news.

5. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

No. Rockets is not a content with Melo. Melo is an inefficient one-way player that does not make his teammates better, and costs $20M.

Kawhi Leonard > Melo

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My balls are blue.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Are you referring to the people I was referring to or did you not read my post? Just making sure....

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

LOL. Is this real life?

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

This offseason? Highly unlikely unless Melo's number is much lower than his max. But if the Rockets work out a straight re-sign(instead of matching an offer), Parsons can be traded at his full salary by December for Love. If he signs an offer elsewhere and the Rockets match, then Parsons has no-trade clause for an entire year.

Still, Howard has said Parsons isn't going anywhere. So I doubt this happen regardless.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Great.... I'm about to drive out into the boonies with no reception or internet. You guys can thank me later when the Woj bombs drop. Its a given that the Rockets make an acquisition or move every time I'm out of service for an extended period of time. Your welcome.

11. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Corrected.

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Man seriously.

Forget the FA signings, they will still be wherever they end up if you dont find out about it on the day and minute it happens. Women take anniversaries seriously and you certainly dont want to spend your vacation with a pissed off wife.

Remember, happy wife means happy life.

Source: guy about to hit 20 years with his.

15. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

I was thinking very hard on what to reply to that comment but this is just perfect..Made me LOL :grin:

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hearing Carmelo will almost certainly have his decision made before the weekend is finished, according to a person familiar with the matter</p>&mdash; Chris Herring (@HerringWSJ) <a href="https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/statuses/484761861770858496">July 3, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Manos

Manos Member

Pelton Chat

Read this in an ESPN chat that's going on right now. I only posted since it's the first and only mention I've seen of Chicago not being optimistic about signing CA.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

[youtube]y6Sxv-sUYtM[/youtube]

19. bberge

bberge Member

fwiw, i dreamt last night that we signed melo. my subconscious may or may not have insider connections.

20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

True words. Congratulations, by the way.