1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. luhbron

luhbron Member

I obviously can't speak for him but at 70 years of age and after 20 championship-less years, he might be more ok with this now than ever. His comments after season ended (about getting big FA) seem to support this.

2. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

I think the biggest issue is asking Melo, Parsons and Lowry to take a paycut, possibly.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

What time is he supposed to meet with the circus clowns?

4. Possum

Possum Member

How the hell did you come up with that? I think doc rockets riddles are seriously affecting peoples brains around here. :grin:

5. Nook

Nook Member

It has been 20 years since Les last won a Championship. He has had the Rockets far longer than he ever expected and it has become very important to him. He is older now, I can completely believe that he would go into deep tax territory now.

6. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Member

8. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I wonder what the other move will be after melo if it isn't Lowry. What if Lowry comes out soon saying he's staying in Toronto. I think morey is getting somebody other than Lowry.

9. Nook

Nook Member

I thought he met with them at 4 pm based on what I heard yesterday..... he isnt going to make that.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

I can't see the poorest owner in the NBA being able to eat the luxury tax as many of guys here assume. I really hope he does and proves me wrong though, but I'm skeptical.

11. Fantasma Negro

CotDamn, that would keep me outta the strip club

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They're the Mavs, they'll wait. It's not like they have all that much to say.

13. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

This is great!! Would rep if I could. Great job.

14. Precision340

Precision340 Member

would be the best starting 5 in the NBA!!

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Oh, dont get me wrong. I doubt very seriously it happens.

but the idea that Les is a cheapskate who wont pay tax is wrong(he has paid tax recently iirc), and I dont mind reminding folks of that.

Honestly, I dont really want Melo, but if he decides to come I expect the Rockets brass to do whatever necessary to make it work....and I think a Lowry deal would go along way to helping that happen.

So, I hope against hope that Bima's idea happens, but certainly do not expect it.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

17. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

As it stands now, we cut Asik's 8.4, Garcia opted out and the cap line is going up this offseason. So that should get us enough for Lowry right?

I think New York is more likely to take a S&T. Lin, Jones, Asik's 8 million trade exception cash, picks. It would be perfect for them. The Knicks wont contend next year and Lin/Amare's contract both will be up next summer

18. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Media totally panicking that Melo leaves through secret door. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ForRealThough?src=hash">#ForRealThough</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; David Nuño (@DavidNunoABC13) <a href="https://twitter.com/DavidNunoABC13/statuses/484421009114546176">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. instantno0o0dle

why is the lin thing such a big deal? i mean we all know he's gone but technically he could just change his number. Dwight took Bev's number last year and no one freaked out.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nice.