1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Article by me] Rockets:Underrated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YugoRocketsFan, Mar 22, 2007.

1. YugoRocketsFan

Houston Rockets: Underrated​

The season began good but ended horribly, the Rockets attained Stromile Swift in free agency before the 05-06 season, McGrady said he could become a superstar, freakishly athletic, but really had no clue about the game, he used his athleticism to beat his opponents. That would not work everytime, we won our first game against the Kings to get a 1-0 record.

The worst thing after that happened T-Mac's back spasms flared up against the Hornets next game, game was way too sloppy, Yao had a great night but we eventually lost and the loses stacked up as our leader, messiah Tracy McGrady stayed on the bench and watched the Rockets on TV. The record ended up to be 34-68, which wasn't pretty but got us the 8th pick in the 06' Draft, we picked Rudy Gay, and immediatly made a package in which we traded him and Stromile Swift for Shane Battier.

Rockets fans watching the draft were booing the management, and didn't know the kind of game he would bring to our team, many days after that Yao Ming replied with that we aren't trying to wait 3-4 years to wait for someone to develop and win later, we wanted to win now by adding that 3rd guy Defensive beast Shane Battier. Then after that we started to make some minor signing by giving contracts to Vassilis Spanoulis, John Lucas and Scott Padgett, who we later traded for Jake Tsakalidis.

Many Rockets were ready for that new beginning, Tracy McGrady said that the back spasms were behind him, and that was so long ago. Then the preseason began, and the Rockets got a 6-2 record in it, many of us thought highly of the team, then the first game of the season, the Jazz. We played okay, but didn't know this team would be so good, so we lost our first game. Then next game, the Rockets played the Mavericks, with everyone in doubt about getting the W, the Rockets blew out the Mavs by 31 points, Yao had a monster game with 36 points to clobber the Mavericks.

A lot of games later, about our 20th game, We were 13-6 and playing the Wizards, Tracy McGrady's back flared up again and made the fans scared and say the season was already over, Yao closed the game by scoring a ton of points in the 4th to give us the win. In the next 7 games, we went 2-5, one of the wins was actually a huge blowout against the Spurs. Then the even worse happened, in the beginning of the Clippers game, Tim Thomas fell on Yao and had to be wheel-chaired by Keith Jones (Rockets Injury Guy as I like to call him), and we thought the season was over, with both our All-Stars gone, we prayed for the best and hoped a miracle would emerge out of all this bad luck and injury crap.

Then 2 games later against the Pacers, Tracy McGrady comes back and scores 16 points in a loss to the Indiana Pacers on the road. Van Gundy then spoke to McGrady, and told him that he should stop trying to be like his older self, who scored 30 points every other game and played to his potential, but he should just try to have fun, he took it to heart and started to play great, Rockets had 3 straight blowouts, one a 27 point rout against the Nets. T-Mac then started playing like his older self in the 04-05 season, scoring 30 after 30 point game, with supporting cast, Luther Head, Rafer Alston, Shane Battier, Deke and Juwan Howard stepping up big in the big man's absence.

The team went to have a 20-12 record without him, then he came back. We eventually lost the game because T-Mac and Yao began the 1st half horribly, then picked up in the 2nd half and came up short against the Cavaliers, next games like when Tracy McGrady returned from back spasms, we blew out a few teams in a row and stumbled against the Suns and eventually lost that one to the team who always torched us. Then began a new winning streak by winning 4 in a row, one of the wins a 50 point blowout, who nobody really recognized, most people spoke of Kobe's 50 point game. Many Analysts rank us way low on their rankings, and Charles Barkley, who has always been a doubter said that the Jazz would beat us in the playoffs.

Rockets with full fan support will try and finish the season off strong and try and play our best in a playoff run with a fully healthy Yao and Tracy McGrady, with supporting starting cast Rafer Alston, Chuck Hayes and Shane Battier who we have a 19-4 record with all those players in the starting lineup.

2. Cur7is

Cur7is Member

.................... yay.............. a long winded summary ..........

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Thanks for the recap.

4. Xzar

Xzar Member

I think you'll find we didn't play 102 games last season. I'm sure it's just a typo on your part but the record was 34-48. :)

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I guess it's better then making r****ded threads about how one can do a better job then an actual NBA player...actually I didn't even read the post, but give credit where credit is due, he didn't talk out of his @ss this time...

6. YugoRocketsFan

Its almost 2 in the morning, you think I could get all that right.

7. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

I'm just glad this thread isn't titled "I'm Better than Richard Justice"

I hope this wasn't for class or anything, though.

8. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

this would be better if in the form of a poem

9. ShakeYoHipsYao

Going from a completely idiotic and useless thread to just a useless thread. That's what I call progress!

One step at a time, Yugo. One step at a time.

10. agentkirb

agentkirb Member

Atleast the article had substance, I'll give him credit for that. You make a lot of mistakes that professional sports writers avoid. Grammatical errors don't really count since they probably have editors to clean those up. But like when you will refer to the Rockets as "us" as in "Charles Barkley, who has always been a doubter said that the Jazz would beat us in the playoffs.". Usually writers won't refer to the team as "their" team. So instead of 'us' they will say "the Rockets".

11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

12. playlife

playlife Member

here you go
    Link

13. UberDork

UberDork Member

Oh, no. It's an endless loop. Recursion hell. Just like this song:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3WDdzuwW3M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3WDdzuwW3M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

5-stars for the attempt AND the nick, Yugo.

If more folks would contribute articles around here, Clutch might use a few on the front page when he's too busy to write an updated one himself. :)

15. ericmark

ericmark Member

5 stars, as good as his previous posts.

16. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'll give it 5

I didn't even read it

17. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

5 stars for this thread? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

18. ericmark

ericmark Member

Stubborn as Gundy? No wonder V-mac can not start. :D

19. YugoRocketsFan

Nice comments guys, but remember, at least I didnt follow Yao Ming home.