1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest - "Yao and T-Mac are the leaders"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ikorose, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

Delete if posted already.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6116347.html

There's vocal leaders and leaders by example. Yao and T-Mac fit the latter. Artest needs to feel comfortable being the former.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Ron Artest says the rest of the Rockets will look to Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady to avoid repeats of Friday’s collapse in San Antonio.

Considering how T-mac shows up to play against teams we are suppose to beat like the Spurs last week.

This isn't good news. :(

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Ron is the new guy. He doesn't want to rock the boat just yet. If Tracy keeps rolling over though, I'm sure Ron wont hesitate to take the reigns.

4. Ikorose

Ikorose Member

I'm hoping that's the case. T-Mac's example has been too inconsistent to have "leader" written all over it.

Then again, Ron's example has been worse so far. I don't think a guy shooting a lower percentage than Rafer would be willing to speak up just yet.

5. bushbush1988

bushbush1988 Member

i think chuck hayes should be our leader,

wasn't he the one who motivated everyone after the legendary loss to sixers last year?

6. blk5g

blk5g Member

it was battier if i remember correctly

7. foo82

foo82 Member

Actually it was Hayes.

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

actually it was me

9. geegee1337

geegee1337 Member

why are you taking credit for what I did?

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Not to knock on Artest, but if he keeps playing like this on offense, we are going to be demanding trades by the time we sign him an extension.. maybe earlier.

He really is a ball stopper.. sometimes when the ball gets to him, there's one more open pass to be made but he just started dribbling and looking for a fadeaway.

I hope he gets better on offense. I hope he reads this too so he can use it as motivation to be smoother on offense.

11. killer instinct

Whats up they didn't shoot this bad in the 96 or WTF ever you call that cesspool you are from.

Who cares what he thinks, he'll be gone in a year.

12. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

The great thing about having him on the squad is we don't need him to be consistantly good on the offensive end. We just need him to play hard like he always does and occasionally pick up the scoring slack. The guy knows how to score. He will have off days, but we can afford that so long as we play great team defense.

13. jackie_moon23

jackie_moon23 Member

I think a lot of people care what he thinks. He was brought here to put this team over the top. He's about the best two-way player in the game, and critical to this seasons success. No reason to diss the guy and his hometown for making mature and constructive comments about the team to the paper. Yeah his offense needs to get better, and it will. Have patience, and ditch the ignorance.

14. tsunami

tsunami Member

But obviously either Yao or TMAC is not leader material. They show no leadership. So Ron, please shut up.

15. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

Leader to the MRI? Yes.

Leaders on and off the court? Questionable

16. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Someone needed to call Tmac & Yao out on leading this team.

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

where's Moochie when you need him?

18. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

right now he definitely IS a leader, until battier returns HE is the soul leader of our defense. i always see him giving advice to people on the court abt defense, for instance yao picked up a foul when paul (i believe it was paul) drove into him and nearly made the shot, artest ran up to him and gave him advice, simple advice (put your friggin hands up) but advice nonetheless, so i would say he is a vocal leader, and when battier gets back he still will be

19. killlogan

killlogan Member

A team's leader should always be a man but not a woman.
    I've no prejudice on gender but it's obvious that male players always do much better than the females players. A real man never feels of fear even when he faces the most difficult challenges, but females always burst to tears when facing the same situation. The leader of the X-men is Charles Xavier, while scout and Logan can also take his place somewhat, but no way should Jean Gray or Storm be the team's leader. I'm sure the rockets team is way better than the team of X, so we need a male leader more urgently who can make smart decisions without any hesitation. Rockets need a male leader, so artest ought to take the stack because he's the malest rocket who has six testicles.

20. shakegod

shakegod Rookie

Agreed
    Battier is our real leader,not Tmac and Yao.