1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest will Shine during Playoffs..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by liu1107, Jan 29, 2009.

1. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

People say Ron Artest is killing the offense n want to trade him... yes, it is true as for now... but his physical play style is going to very valueble in a 7-game series... he can literally wear opponents out during 7 games by bullying em physically...

that's why more physical players (Bonzi) always do good during playoffs, and relatively more-skilled players(Peja, Head) always disappear..

Also, during playoffs, teams dont double as much as regular season, instead they play a very physical 1-on-1 defense, so our shooters (barry, wafer) won't get nearly as much open shots as now, they would literally disppear, like Head always does...

So, think far...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not for Houston....

:)

DD

3. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

PLAYOFFS!!?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=zh_CN&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM&hl=zh_CN&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

beat me to it!!

5. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Well first he have to MAKE the playoffs

6. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

That's going to happen. I mean if it doesn't happen then what to expect?

Rockets are still adjusting no matter how stupid that sounds and that's because of the injuries and constant rotations on the offense and the defense.

Statement that Ron will shine during the playoffs are little dull because you never know what can happen, maybe he will be injured then?! Or not in the Rockets uniform.

And Bonzi Wells didn't perform in the playoffs because he could or couldn't and playoff games don't differ from regular games in terms of rules but he played good because that was his contract year and he knew that with good playoff performance he will earn some money next season.

Look at him now, he's in the CBA.

This year will be very interesting in terms of getting opponent in the playoffs, especially the first round. I think that will likely not be the LA Lakers or Spurs but I feel that his Rockets team can defeat anyone when the time comes.

I think that Rockets learned from previous playoff performances and will benefit in the playoffs when it matters and you are sure that all players not just Artest, TMac or Yao are going to give best.

7. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If you can't wear the opponent down in the regular season, you're not going to wear the opponent down in the playoffs.

And the reason some players (like Bonzi) play better and harder during the playoffs is this...

A good stretch of games in the regular season means next to nothing.

A good stretch of games in the playoffs = $$$

Now you could argue that by my last statement, you could expect Ron to be good in the playoffs...but not if he's limping around.

8. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

Absurd. The Rockets worn down their opponents down in the regular season the last two years and it got them nowhere.

I agree with the liu07's points, which is Artest will be a very special player to the Rockets success when the style of game changes in the playoffs.

The Rockets don't lose to Utah in the first round with Artest on board. That right there should be enough reason for everyone to chill and let things play out. Its a grind right now, so what, late April is when the real season begins.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If you never shine in the regular season, chances are you're not going to shine in the playoffs either.

10. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I agree. If we trade Artest, we are back to the same old SOFT team that has done nothing in the playoffs.

11. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I am still waiting for this magical transformation which Artest is supposed to trigger with his physicality. :rolleyes:

And I say this with the greatest fandom for his game.

12. mbiker

mbiker Member

That never gets old.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Me too :eek:

14. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Ron's best offense comes off of making defensive plays. He has forgotten that ever since he fell in love with the 3-point shot. Many NBA players have fallen for the enticing properties of the 3... must be its resemblance to a breast.

15. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

LMAO hahahaha

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Trade him to chicago..

17. Raibonsters

Raibonsters Member

Why Chicago? and for who?

I don't think it's worth trading him, especially to a team like Chi.

18. kevtse

kevtse Member

what if we can't get into playoffs?

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

You check Artests career shooting stats in the playoffs...might be sorely disappointed

Lets just say the Artest we're currently seeing, THIS IS indicative of his playoff form. Eek..

20. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

maybe it's because he was playing on bad teams.. the bottom line is if u can hold opponents to 25% shooting, when u shooting 30% u r doing well.. numbers r deceptive