1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jul 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. alcatrazpsycho

[​IMG]

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I wonder if last year Sacramento wanted Bonzi (expiring) + 1st + Brooks.. and the Rockets didn't want to give up Brooks. Now they get Bjax (expiring) + 1st + Greene. I guess the Rockets value Brooks higher than Greene? Completely speculating..

3. Tornadoofsoul6

Dayum, that's freaky.

4. wangchunxu5319

wangchunxu5319 New Member

it made me crazy!!! :eek:

5. Airson

Airson Member

Could anybody tell me the salary of Ron in next season?

6. Tornadoofsoul6

8.5 million; expiring.

7. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Im moving back the hell with this job. No NBA league pass and we're going to win a title or WC at least.

8. RAYRAY

RAYRAY Member

How does our cap space look like next year? I'm just thinking what the likelyhood of us locking him up to a long term deal is...

9. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

CLUTCH CITY RETURNS

10. Lumix

Lumix Member

Fans are going to parade to celebrate for another Championship to clutch city.
    Oh yeah!

11. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Oh $h1et this is big splash coming to Htown!!!

12. sar4l

sar4l Member

When I saw the news on espn I said to myself is this a dream, then I came on clutchfans and saw that it was true and I tear came to my eye.lol.... we are seriously deep as hell

13. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Off topic question needing urgent help: What's the best thread(s) that give good argument that the Rockets would have beat the Jordan Bulls had they played in 94-95. I just saw a thread recently, but can't remember the title. Also, do we have a thread showing the most clutch moments in Rockets history?

Yahoo for Artest!

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Why can't u get league pass?

15. Tornadoofsoul6

We have a decent cap situation so far. The contract buyouts of Butler and Reed come off the books next year, and we would be far below the luxury tax. In the 09 offseason we'll be 7-5 million under the luxury tax; assuming Landry resigns. We should easily be able to lock up Artest long-term, if we decide to do so.

16. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Let me get this straight...

last year Daryl Morey pulled off Vassilis Spanoulis (no longer in the league) for Luis Scola, a starting caliber PF on a contender...

and now...

an all-star, third-scoring option who is the best defender in the league for a backup PG, a rookie project, and a late round pick?

Spectacular.

I also like the fact that Adelman's connections with his former players actually got us someone good, unlike in the JVG era where we landed the likes of Charles Oakley, Mark Jackson, and numerous other washed up vets.

17. lustdog

lustdog Member

We got Artest in the cost next to nothing? That's a bloody robbery. If this is true, could be the best news since Germany surrendered.

18. akuma

akuma Member

hmmm... considering the risk of Ron-Ron, not to mention the unknown potential of Donte Green or how deep next year's draft is, i'd say this is slightly better than Gay and Stro for Battier. the difference is when the Rockets traded for Shane, they had no one besides Yao and T-Mac (Chuck Hayes was the starting 4 and Head was the sixth man), so there was still a lot of needs that weren't addressed. they were then able to sign Bonzi which gathered quite a bit of excitement, and that turned out badly.

i can only wish that the Artest experiment works as well as Rodman joining the Bulls. Artest is a slightly better defender, a much better offensive player but also a much poorer rebounder. they're both similar size, but Artest is heavier, stronger, quicker, younger. the difference is that Rodman was actually mentally strong. he often got into other players' heads and not the other way around. regardless of how the game went on, he would still play smart and hard. his only issues were with refs (head butting and sitting spells), and an unluckly camera man.

anyway, even if Ron behaves, Artest and Battier aren't likely going to be on the floor at the same time, so it doesn't improve the defense of the starting unit that much. however, i think that Artest complements Yao much better than Battier and he will almost certainly be defending the other teams best player from the 2-4 position, and he also knows Adelman's offense.

in the end, it comes down to health. when healthy, the Rockets are a top 3 team with or without Artest.

19. HtownTexas

HtownTexas Member

[​IMG] :cool:

Here's your ticket!

20. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Member

True, but they are saying GP is a genius and they robbed Houston.

And this: