1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest: Roy is better than Kobe and Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StevieFlight3, Apr 29, 2009.

1. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Heh...well there goes our shot against the lakers. Artest pissing off Kobe before the series even starts.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

That's it, Battier on Roy only.

4. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

5. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Yeah, I found it a while ago and I wanted to post that a while ago, but I'm still a rookie. :(

Artest is a pretty biased/homer from what I see. His personality reminds me of Shaq, except much worse on the court.

He did say he was one of the best defenders to play the game and he also said Yao Ming was a future hall of famer when the Houston Chronicle guys interviewed him. I posted the link in the game thread.

6. 1individual

1individual Member

This guy has the lowest IQ in basketball. To him anyone who scores in his face is the best player in the league.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

Why stop there?

Should of named Jordan while he was on a roll.

8. ebu

ebu Member

lol ron artest makes me laugh

just the way he talks, it just seems like his mind isn't always there

i think its funny how he pointed out roy is not good on defense haha

but who cares, lets just win game 6!!!!!

9. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Maybe, It's just me but Artest is a perfect member on clutchfans. Since he has knee jerk reactions like that. Not to mention he plays like a knee jerk player.

10. ebu

ebu Member

Ron Artest is also the same person who thinks he is the newer and improved lebron james :D

11. HoustonRockets

the entire video wont work for me it freezes right when craig asks him the question

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's just saying that b/c artest has sucked this quarter and roy is owning him like he's a JV player. what do you want artest to say to justify this one-sided domination?

i thought artest would take his game to the next level in the playoffs at least since portland is a good matchup for him: he's MUCH stronger than anyone on the blazers and yet he's the one being pushed around.

i think morey is looking at this series closely and is scratching his head. i'd give battier a new contract b4 i give artest.

13. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Noticed how the video stops before he can clarify.....I hope he replied.....no he's the best shooting guard in this series ;)

14. gdepster

gdepster Member

When you average 28 points a game against him and Battier in a playoff series with big Yao in the middle you definitely deserve to have your name up there with those 2.

15. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

Artest's best games are the ones he doesn't shoot unless he's forced too because he doesn't think. Our dumbest players are at their best when the shot clock is winding down not when there is a lot of time left.

Artest is playoff experienced, but he just had a bad Game 5. Typical really. You can't expect Artest to dominate an entire series with that brain. He just needs to defend Roy and make his jump shots.

16. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

bad game 5?

series' stats
    13.7ppg, 37% fg, 28% 3s, 2ft attempts per game.

uhhh, you know how hard it is to play "that bad" considering he's going against a rookie batum for the most part? A ROOKIE who got benched in game 5

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You know though, I think it's possible he does this to motivate himself.

Remember what he said about guarding Durant? He said you had to treat everyone like Jordan. So maybe he's just fooling himself into thinking that Roy is better than those two.

IDK, I really don't care. I gave up trying to figure out what goes on in his head.

18. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I've seen Outlaw and Rudy F. play more than Batum in this series. I could be wrong. Artest's job throughout the series not to score, It's mainly defense. When he decides to contribute offensively. Hell breaks loose.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

Batum may start but it is not like he is out there the whole game guarding Artest.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Great, maybe, just maybe, Bryant will only score 50 on him..