1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest on right now....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Oct 24, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

btw i dont condone the punching of babies

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Well lets all be honest here, without Carmichael Dave, theres a good chance most people here would still be skeptical whether Ron was a good guy or not. Before we heard CD's shows, we, like the rest of the basketball nation thought Ron was a bad guy because of what the media told us. Thanks to CD's show we can all pretty much say how happy we are to have a character like Ron on our team. How quickly people forget.

3. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

excellent post v3.0, I was about to say that..

I wanted to say something for a long time but I kept it down to avoid getting flamed by the over-excited idiots (which, unfortunately, constitute a majority on this amazing site) .. I just think that all this B.S is ridiculous..I'm talkin about this B.S: "OH MY GAWD! RONRON visits this website! let's give me a quick guide to houstoN! let's make ROnRon facts thread! let's guess Ron's moniker! let's discuss what his title should be! ..etc" .. people went waaay overboard with this.. I mean, it's amazing that one of the best basketball players in the world recognized this website, but please guys, any NBA, heck, college player, has a lot of better things to do than to surf a internet forum filled with random "fans" that suggest the firing for the headcoach/the trade of all players except Yao after every loss.

let's be realistic here and sorry to break to break it for you, but I think Artest was just being the nice amazing person that he is to the fans by saying the sweet stuff about Clutchfans, this alone should be an honor to us members, but to expect him to come here and post is just ridiculous. his words weren't to be taken so seriously, I mean yeah, he might visit clutchfans.net every now and then to check what the fans are sayin, he might even post every week or so to give the fans an update, but he's exactly gonna be the next DaDaKota for example, the guy has better things to do.. and personally (agreeing with v3.0 here), I think his time on this website could be spent improving his already great 3 pt percentage for example..

and one more thing, DaDa you've crossed the line here, you're being extremely disrespectful to CD (a 2-word adjective starting with the letter D would be best used to describe you right now) .. I have a lot of respect for you, and I like your enthusiasm, heck, I even agree with you on the VSpan issue, but you took it a little too far here.. aside from introducing Clutchfans.net to Artest, Carmichael Dave has provided us with a bunch of amazing interviews with the guy, listening to the cool show alone and being able to call in and interact with Ron Artest is absolutely great, and we should all thank CD for his unbelievable work instead of attack him for allegedly "trying to be Ron".. and CD, I would like to apologize on behalf of all the BBS members for the irresponsible behavior of some people here. and no, I'm not "nut-huggin" here, I'm just speaking my mind, and suggesting that we should be thankful to the guy for doin the great interviews and mentioning us because, as he stated, there wasn't a financial motive behind it, and he just did all of that because he's a great guy, so let's be nice to him and thank him instead of being all obnoxious about it ..

bottom line is, STOP being ridiculous guys.. your behavior right now resembles that of a bunch of middle school girls (and Kam :D ) upon seeing your hero Vanessa Hudgens in a concert (disclaimer: RocketsMac by no means compares Ron Artest to Vanessa :D ) .. stop going insane and obsessing about Ron Artest posting here. I mean, I know he's a really cool guy, but that doesn't mean that every single post in the BBS has to include "and ron, if you're reading this etc.." ..

4. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

i think it's funny DaDa has been in every single business imaginable and knows everything about anything AND still has so much time to post on CF.net 100 times a day.

just bustin your balls DaDa

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

DD = http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=156009 :D

6. Rover16

Rover16 Member

[​IMG]

Man so much drama and hyperbole in this thread. :rolleyes:

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You are just mad that I am better than you.

;)

LOL - I didn't say I was SUCCESSFUL in the broadcast biz.... I respect Carmichael Dave.....and appreciate his pumping of the site, but there have been other people that did the 2 ID thingy that got banned, and overall if you have two personas it can ruin a site.

My opinion on the matter may not be popular, but it is what it is...

I hope Carmichael stays.....but only as himself.

As for Ron Artest.....I think a lot of people get star struck....I am not one of those people.....to me, everyone is a person, no better or worse than the next..I don't believe in celebrity.....but that....is another story for another thread I guess.

Sorry if I offended anyone's gentle sensibilities.

DD

#107 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. jmejia

jmejia Contributing Member

Excellent post. I concur 100%

Carmichael Dave thanks for all you do man!

9. devin23

devin23 Member

This is pissing me off... Carmichael is posting radio of artest for us fan to enjoy and some of you are COMPLAINING??? Talk about being ungrateful. Please stop embarrassing our forum... And you know who you are...

10. DaDakota

Calm down, all I am saying is it is uncool to post as someone else....

I like the pod casts and CDaves show.....

DD

#110 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
  11. devin23

devin23 Member

Look, I had alot of respect for u DD, but i'm not going to be silent on this matter. This is like biting the hand that feeds you. How would u like it if Carmichael tells Artest how he was offended by some of the clutchfans on here? You think artest would still have the same regards for us clutchfans?

12. drumbum

drumbum Member

Don't think CD will be back on.

Sucks, he was a good guy...

13. DaDakota

Devin,

I would hope that Artest would check for himself, and make up his own mind.

Do you honestly guage your value on how you are thought of on an internet message board?

I like CDave, don't get me wrong, I just thought he did it on purpose, and to me pretending to be Artest is SmackTard material.

Now, if it is as he says, and it was just an accident...no biggie....

I just think it is uncool to pretend to be Artest.

This is a bit dramatic, don't you think? I think Dave has thicker skin than you give him credit for...

Let me ask you guys an honest question, do you think it would be cool for someone to come on and pretend to be Artest, or Tmac, or Yao?

To me that would NOT be cool....

DD

#113 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
  14. Rover16

Rover16 Member

You seriously need to get over yourself DD. :rolleyes:

15. DaDakota

Thanks I will give that a try.

If you disagree, feel free....I mean after all, I am really V-Span.

The proof is in the hotdog.

DD

#115 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
  16. drumbum

drumbum Member

Now, I do agree that it's NOT cool to be posting from two different Usernames on one BBS, but, it's also important to realize that

A) It was an honest mistake
    and
    B) He apologized and made sure it wouldn't happen again.

It's also important to realize that his intentions were GOOD, he had no intention of coming on the board and riling it up by saying he's Ron Artest.

I think it' best to just let the matter go, and get on, cause as we all know, the season is less than a week away.

17. DaDakota

Drumbum,

Well said...If I was wrong, then I apologize....but I think it was on purpose, and he was playing the board.

I hope there are no hard feelings.

DD

#117 DaDakota, Oct 25, 2008
  18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

tl/dr

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Nice. Serious Cat FTW

20. DaDakota