1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest is available.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Dec 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

You need to refresh your memory. EG said he didn't want to play any more because he was depressed. We gave him chance after chance and finally we cut our loss. He went on therapy for like a year and decided he still needs to make some money and then came back to play for Nets. But back then, he was quiting.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Yep, and that Webber/Divac combo was the worst frontline that could happen to the Kings. What redundancy. :p

3. canoner2002

Someone who is locked in for 3 years cannot be regarded as "rental". He won't be off hook until summer 2008!

4. canoner2002

Yao is not going anywhere. So you haters can just quit dreaming here.

Not to mention Yao's impact on the court, Les got to be stupid to let his cash cow leave.

5. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

lol.. Duncun back then was a rookie, He was like playing Spurs for Free! Got it? They are not dumb as you.

6. MrButtocks

Yeah but Gary Payton, Vince Carter, Alonzo Mourning, and Jim Jackson taught me that no one's really "on" the hook either. Weren't Pacer fans so glad that they had him locked up for such a good contract?

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I gotta agree with MrButtocks here. Carlisle by all accounts is an player friendly coach, if he could'nt get along with him, there will be WAR WAR 3 in Houston. only real concern i have is his temper.

8. MrButtocks

Yeah, but Yao kinda pays for himself don't ya think? Any team he goes to will get well worth their money.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

The fact that Ron Artest hasn't been traded already is a statement of how good the guy is. Perennial headcase that has so much talent a team won't let him go. If he was publicly quoted as saying he wanted to play for the Rox, I'd say CD go get him but he wants to play for NY or Cleveland. If I was Isiah I would be on the phone right now trying to deal Q-Rich and a #1 for him.

10. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

And you still miss the point. it shows, it can work. you can be successfull with two great big men as you're you're primary weapons. i'm done arguing with you. you still think Sura is a more valuable to the rockets then tracy...

11. liu1107

No No you are missing the point.. I didn't say it won't work. i meant paying top money for him is not worth it.. your point is a team who has great postup power would give up their best premiter player, and pay top money for another post-uper. It's like during kobe-shaq dynasty, lakers trade kobe for duncan, It's just plain stupid. i am done arguing with you too, cant argue with a person who doesnt understand basketball.

12. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If you are Successfull, why would they mind paying those two. again, it's not like both identicale players. yao is a is a alot more skilled the O'neal, whilst oneal is alot better at rebounding and defense. they can easily find a formula to make it work. they allready have a nice pretty nuceles with O'neal, S Jax, Tinsely, fred jones and co. if you're wining, money is not an issue. acyually that i think about it, i wanna keep yao, cause with him and O'neal in the low post and Tinsley and S Jax in the backcourt, pacers are gonna be scary.

13. liu1107

I guess you agree with the idea trading Kobe for Duncan during kobe-shaq dynasty then? hahahahaa...

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Yao is no shaq. please dont even go there.

15. liu1107

wow, a weak response. i guess i win :) i am heading to bed :)

16. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Win what?, you are assuming that yao and Tracy are having the same amount of success as kobe and shaq had. :confused:

17. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

We'll agree to disagree on this one buddy. ;) :p :p

18. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

YOF + YOH = Entertainment

19. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

JVG could not get along with Steve Francis-who is not a head case or a troubled player needing a month off to promote his new rap album during the season. What makes anyone think that JVG could handle this demanding of a player??

We should look for more realistic trades that would help us in the back court like Fred Jones. We could seek a deal for Chris Wilcox of the Clippers to help us at the 4 and back up Yao.

We do not have the resources to trade or the coach to handle a player like this.

We should not go for Artest. Anyone Remember Vernon Maxwell?? Artest is crazier than Mad Max IMHO.

20. SlizardOO

SlizardOO Member

I would love to have Artest if it were possible. That man is an entertainer.