1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest is available.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by canoner2002, Dec 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

this man knows what he is talking about.

say HELL NO TO ARTEST.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

It's not like the Rockets are running the most complicated sets ever.

Some of you guys must be crazy not wanting Artest (for what we could give atleast). Yes, he's a little psycho but maybe that's what this team needs, we aren't exactly killing teams w/ team chemistry right now. Maybe a player like Artest with his intensity and willingness to put it all out on the court could jumpstart this team.

He's the best perimeter defender in the league, hands down. He's a pretty good shooter (especially compared to DA and Wesley) and he can be an awesome scorer for this team.

But of course this is all moot since we have nothing the Pacers would want in return.

3. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Yao
    Swift
    Artest
    T-Mac
    Head

The only people who dont want us to do this trade reside in San Antonio, Detroit, and Dallas.

4. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I fail to see how Head is not appealing. The kid is playing like Gorden of last year.

We may be optimistic, but others may think our pick can be quite high.

And since when getting 5 mil off when you are about that much above lux threashold worth nothing?

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I would trade my left nutt for a player like Artest. He is freakin awesome.

He is exactly what we need. A thuggy defender who will prevent outside penetration.

6. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

ugh, you forget, this guy PUNCHED fans.

I hope the same of you that are supporting him were behind Eddie Griffin as well?

sure a fist isnt the same as a gun, but his fist landed, edide missed.

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I wish I was there to HELP Artest to deliver KO's to those unruly fans.

8. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

EG wanted quit playing ball. Artest wants to play ball. Big difference there.

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

im sure some people would say the same about EG's shooting game.

10. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

EG, had issues off the court, and we suspended him.

If he wanted to quit ball he would not be suiting up with the Twolves right now.

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Idiot, yao is a center, O'neal is a power forward.they dont play the same position. go post in the lakers board you rocket and tracy hater.

12. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

But not this month. He's busy promoting his rap album. :D

13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't want artest as a rental who wants to showcase his OFFENSIVE skills so he can get paid like t-mac. i'm actually not against him because of his suspension last year or any of his other dumbass moves but those quotes sure scare me off. i LOVE artest's game and a defense with him and t-mac on the outside would be plain nasty, but his head is not into it.

14. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

swift,wesley, howard, and head for artest and roster filler.

trade accepted

15. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

Yeah right, like Indiana gonna pay 2 postup players top money but they basiclly do the same ****. It's like put Steve Nash and John Stockton on the same team while paying them both top money. guess your the only one dumb enough to come up with this idea LOl. stop insulting me you Yao hater!

#55 liu1107, Dec 11, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  16. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

When he takes time off a week after getting here to promote one of his "artists," or whatever other tomfoolery he takes to, you'll be one of the first complaining that we traded for him. Artest is more than "a little psycho."

17. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I just said tomfoolery. I feel old.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Is it that hard for you to understand that they play two different styles? . I GUESS WHEN YOU SAY THINGS LIKE, SURA INSTEAD OF TRACY , GOT US INTO THE PLAYOFFS, I'M not all that suprise with you're lack of logic and understanding.

BTW, i've defended yao more then my share. i'm a rockets fan and not a yao only fan like you. you proved you hate the rockets in an another thread. all you care about is yao. so go to the lakers board chump...

19. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

BTW, I guess the spurs were dumb like me, when they paired Robinson and duncan and won a title for there troubles?... :rolleyes:

20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I know another team that needs a thuggy defender who prevents penetration: the Pacers. Do you really want a guy that just pulled a Pippen on his last team? If he can't handle Carlisle what in the world makes you think he can handle JVG?