1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest and Barkley are feuding

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, Nov 7, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Member

http://blogs.pe.com/prosports/2009/11/artest-rips-tnt-analyst-charle.html

[rquoter]

Whether it was Mark Cuban questioning his character or Mike Dunleavy calling it a risk for the Lakers acquire him, Ron Artest has responded to his critics so far this season with a wink and a shrug.

The timing of some seemingly innocuous criticism from TNT analyst Charles Barkley, however, pushed him over the edge.

After TNT aired a taped interview with Artest on Thursday night celebrating his budding rap career and his involvement in the community via Twitter, Barkley questioned whether the mercurial forward was focused enough on basketball.

Artest took great offense to the timing of Barkley's comments, lashing out at him the following afternoon in a 15-tweet rant on twitter and then elaborating on those comments with reporters before Friday's game.

"He tried to turn the whole story around," Artest said. "TNT was trying to make me look good, but Charles was trying to make me look bad. They were pointing out a lot of good things I was doing, and Charles totally took my spotlight. He could have picked another time to do that."

[/rquoter]

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

maybe tinman needs to have a talk with Artest about getting upset about Barkley's comments.

3. ClutchCityReturns

If somehow Barkley and Artest could have both been playing and in their prime at the same time, I would be very intrigued by a "feud" between the two.

Right now? Not so much.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

He is getting more and more deranged everyday. Maybe he only acts like this because he is hurting deep down inside... :D

5. baller4life315

Artest's diva act is getting kind of old. Barkley criticizes everybody. Not every criticism warrants a response.

6. TheMacster

TheMacster Member

By June, it'll be:

Artest- 1 ring
    Barkley - 0

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

Unless all this drama implodes the Lakers...

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

We all know Barkley > Artest. I would have definitely paid to get a seat to this game. Too bad there are no more feuds like these anymore.

9. Yao Ming's foot

OMG he tweeted! Run for your life Barkley!

Dangerous Ron is an easy story for the media that they will try to bring up all season.

Meanwhile Ron on the court which is all that matters has been dominant for the Lakers.

10. durvasa

durvasa Member

I'm more interested to see who's side tinman will take on this.

Artest on his twitter:

"Everybody can't be Tiger,Bird,Stockton,Duncan etc.. Some people turn out to be Rodman , Maxwell and Artest! What's so bad about that?!!!!.??"

http://twitter.com/thugraider37

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Barkley needs to STFU when it comes to partying and not focusing enough on basketball.

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

artest is just like all the rest of the clutchfans after all.

barkley didn't say anything that was false. artest does do other stuff besides hoop.

13. couch_pot8o

couch_pot8o Member

I would seriously love to see a prime Barkley vs a prime Artest. If I have to choose, I would pick the guy who body slammed Shaq while he was a Rocket! Coincidentally, Shaq was with the Lakers. Barkley ftw! lol

14. doogiehwsr

doogiehwsr Member

"An incensed Artest spoke directly to his fans via twitter on Friday, noting that he's one of the last players to leave the practice court every day, that he doesn't shoot commercials during the playoffs like other guys and that he nearly led the shorthanded Rockets to the NBA Finals last year."

This I need to read...

15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

LOL. I give him credit for giving us much needed toughness, but he hardly led the Rockets anywhere.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What does Ron want Charles to kiss this time, an elephant's arse?

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would like to see barkley contort his own plump carcass in a way that would allow him to kiss his own arse. i think if kenny can get a jolly rancher stuck there as the bullseye, then chuck will somehow manage to reach the target

18. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

All Barkley ever does is criticize the Rockets and talk about how bad they are. Artest should be used to it after last season.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Got your answer. :D
    I am not surprised that tinman sides with the historical figure against a current player. :p

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Not a chance in hades of that happening.

DD