1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Art World] The Walton Family Snatching Up The Best Of American Art

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Nov 16, 2014.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So that they can put it all in a huge new museum down in Bentonville, Arkansas. Where no one will get to see it.

Unless there's some major security guarding the pieces of art, they'll likely end up as fire wood to heat up some squirrel stew or a distillery.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Um, they are a lot easier to see when they are in a museum instead of in private hands.

Yes, even if it's Arkansas.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

You're right. The buses will stop on their way to Branson, and the people will marvel at the treasures to be found in the Thomas Kinkade Wing.

4. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

I had no idea the big ginger was such an art freak, way to go Bill! :p

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Good to see that the people that shop at walmart (I don't set foot in the place) are giving something back, and that taxpayers subsidizing walmart with Medicaid are getting something back :rolleyes:

6. Buck Turgidson

It's apparently an amazing facility. I plan on going, Arkansas is a beautiful state, but then again I'm not some citified snobbish hipster doofus.

Marfa ain't exactly near any bustling metropoliseees either, and look at what that town's become.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've heard the museum is pretty awesome. I'm not much of an art guy but will definitely go. From talking with people that have gone to places like the Kimbell or Metropolitan arts museums, they say it ranks with them easily.

Also agree with Buck. NW Arkansas is beautiful. A lot of it is turning into typical suburbia and wealthy homeownership, though. It's definitely on my list of places to move to in the future since I'm pretty much sick of big cities. Lol.

#7 Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014