1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YES . . .cause having the ball in Westbrook or EGO's hands and then having Harden run a figure 8
    is definitely an upgrade.

No one can thread the needle on passes like Westbrook or Ego . . . .
    Who *exactly* is the on ball player that can get Harden the ball on denials?

Rocket River

Rudyc281 and HP3 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Cash Considerations is pissed at being left out.

lnchan likes this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

Man, we did the best with what he had to work with. I would actually like to see anyone win a championship with THIS Westbrook as their second best player.....really I would. I'm not saying we shouldnt change it up or adjust but yall need to be real about what the problem actually was.

Lawlruschang and Reeko like this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I’m sold. We needed more arrogance, not less.

Plowman likes this.
  5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Next year Gsw will be in full effect along with suns, blazers, pelicans. Houston will have another year of lame small ball, aka turnover ball. It's all good Harden gonna avg 40 ppg. Get lue in here, Im starting to lean toward being a Mavericks fan anyways. Im really envious in that Dallas team and will route for them to do the damage rox can't do in playoffs after turnover ball breaks down next year.

hakeem94 and Rudyc281 like this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The real problem is not throwing half your salary into 2 guards. Our forwards/centers need a huge upgrade. We have plenty of decent enough guards to play alongside one star guard.

kjayp and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

I always knew u were suspect...go crawl over to the Mavs board

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

@tinman we have so many fake fans on here

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

analytics is played out. you have to go back almost a season to find a rockets team that was a contender with this scheme. time to move on.

HP3 likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I mean I like luka who is like James harden son and I like KP and please basketball gods don’t let the Giannis go to Dallas.

But I could never be a fan just watch from a far.

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

don't worry about the details. having harden run around like klay thompson solves everything. not just basketball things, mind you. cures cancer, reduces wealth inequality, would've cancelled the kardashian show years ago.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

Who do you want? There is none of those players's available that turns this team into a contender.

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Well we all gotta move on, all harden bricks got you trapped haha. Na seriously good luck guys hope for the best. Good luck 2 u its been fun!

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been hearing that song and dance for what seems like years. Its amazing how other teams snag big stars every year over 6'7" when nobody's ever available. We try to get guys like AD and LeBron but they don't want to come to Houston. There are some forwards out there. I just want him to wheel and deal for more thanMorey just needs some that do more than take open 3's or pass most of the time. Time to wheel and deal. Too bad he gave away all our draft picks for shorties.

16. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Analytics is great but they don’t take adjustments into account.
    If you have a team that shoots 60 3’s and makes 20 that’s 33% and probability beating most teams. BUT if you shoot 60 3’s and only make 12 that’s 20% and probably getting blown out. That’s analytics at its finest. What analytics doesn’t tell you about that 20% shooting is how the opposite team guarded you, if you’re on or off, or what adjustments the defending team made to have you shooting such a low percentage. This is where the eye test should come in and where adjustments should be made, something MDA never did which is why you saw the confusion and in game collapses.
    When a team decides to run a zone and try and take away the 3 point shot the elbows and quick passes are key to breaking that zone. If anyone watched the MIA vs MIL PO series you will see how MIL tried to stop MIA 3 point shot by playing zone where BAM tore them up with mid range shots and quick passes to the basket by cutters, sometimes even making the swing pass to Duncan or Herro. Spoltra knew that coach Bud was going to try and run a zone scheme against his team so he planned and adjusted to it marvelously. At some MIL tried to run man and got killed with the P&R with Herro and Bam. All this is what analytics doesn’t tell you, all it says it to shoot this shot bc it’s a great shot and to shoot it x amount of times bc at some point the math will lead you to a win.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Why do you really like Dallas though? You wanna see Luka and KP dominate the league?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People talk about the 3s not falling
    I am thinking about:
    1. how many of them threes were wide open.
    2. how many blown layups we had .. . like ALOT

Rocket River

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This would carry more weight if literally almost every single team did not currently play more pace and space than Mike Dantony s 2005 suns and launch more layups and 3s than Morey's early 2010s Rockets than those actual teams ever did.

HP3 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Tilly's hubris is much more devastating than any arrogance by MDA or Morey.

Analytics is the reason why Rockets were able to salvage their season this year, this is not debatable.

Blaming MDA is all well and good, but Rockets were out talented and out executed moreso than they were outcoached.

HP3 likes this.