1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arrested Development and Scrubs : what happened?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Achilleus, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

I dont watch a lot of tv unless its like Family Guy, but what happened to Scrubs and Arrested Development? Those were my two favorite shows on television. Did they both get canceled? Didnt they both get nominated for emmys last year ?

2. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

AD is on hiatus, one of the leads is having surgery so they are cutting the season short, I believe. There are rumors that its getting cut and rumors contrary to that, I haven't kept myself updated. Not to fret though, Fox will be shoving down our throat, the critically acclaimed "Stacked" starring Pamela Anderson, who is ten years past being respectable wank material.

Scrubs is returning in January, with two new episodes on the first night.

The Office is moving to thursday.

Those and family guy are the only shows I watch anymore.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

AD is getting the axe after this year... they have already taped all the shows, but fox is still killing off some for this season.. the only hope is all the unaired stuff from the this season and some from the other seasons will get put out on DVD... :(

The reason you couldnt find AD is because durring "sweeps week" fox pulled AD to show Stacked or some other show in it's place.. It is back on Mondays on Fox untill they move it around again :rolleyes:

4. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

Where did you see that they are cancelling it? I thought they were just on break because Jason Bateman was having surgery. This Monday they showed an episode, i assumed it was new since i hadn't seen it and they showed previews for next season.

I love scrubs too and can't wait for it to come back.

I hate how they cancel these really smart and different sitcoms because they're aren't popular like other brain dead comedies.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They announced it about a month ago. Search for a thread. :)

Actually, more like :(

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Arrested Development is history unless another network picks it up. If not, then The Office becomes the best comedy on TV.

7. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Any reason why Scrubs is coming out in January? I've missed my fix...

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... and that's what happens when a REAL network backs your show, despite low ratings. Not only does NBC refuse to cancel The Office after it bombed in its US debut (according to the ratings)... they move it to the best night of prime-time, and exploit the hell out of it, because they (like the critics) believe in the show.

Meanwhile, Fox is preparing to have many more seasons of STACKED and THE WAR AT HOME... while deciding to cancel quality shows like Arrested Development (which they never promoted significantly) and previously Family Guy (same predicament... for Fox, low ratings apparently means the show is garbage...).

9. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

GOOD GOD, is there any show worse than "The War at Home". I watched bits and pieces, and frankly, it may be the worst show I've ever seen. It's too bad that Arrested Development is going to be cancelled for this sort of crap, that only panders to the lowest common denominator.

The only thing I do have to say is at least it got 2.5 seasons. Fox has cancelled other promising shows a lot faster than they cancelled AD, and thankfully we got a few DVD sets out of it.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lets just be thankful that Cheers and Seinfeld never had to get their start on FOX.

If that was the case, we never would have heard from them after their first few episodes... they were ratings failures, at the start, as well.

11. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

anybody know what happened to Quintuplets, it was on fox i think had andy richter in it... that was a funny show.

12. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I didn't think to much of Quintuplets, and Andy looked like he was just going through the motions on that. I think he had to do that show as part of some stipulation of his contract with Fox. What's a real shame is that they cancelled Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

13. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

i never saw that one, plus having him on the show was a bonus, i liked the show because of paige, and patton was a pretty funny little dude.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought the Office got a new lease after the 40 Year Old Virgin became a hit.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It was renewed way before that movie even opened. I think NBC just realized that they had no comedies on their fall schedule(with Scrubs delayed til January) and couldn't afford to lose one of the few still around. And before anyone mentions Will & Grace or Joey, the former is in its last season and the latter is painfully unfunny and on the verge of cancellation.

The move paid off though. Steve Carell is a rising star, the ratings are much improved, and the show itself is having an incredible year creatively.

16. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

I'm actually a fan of the war at home, maybe that's just me but I also like arrested development and scrubs so take it for what its worth.

17. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

1. Arrested Development is NOT on Hiatus. Newest ep aired last monday.
    2. Arrested Development is dead in the water. Unless someone (Showtime, NBC) picks it up, it's pretty much as good as gone.
    3. There are 7 episodes left, according to how the schedule is set up, only 11 of them may actually air, but 13 total for Season 3 are being filmed.
    4. **** FOX
    5. Taste the sad guys. :(

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's not entirely Fox's fault if the ratings were bad when it aired after the Simpsons. Though they did pull a Futurama on it even when it won that many emmys afterwards.

Even if baseball's an excuse, from what count dough ku wrote, I don't think NBC would pull it off as badly as their execs did.

19. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i like war at home also.

and nbc better never cancel scrubs.

20. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I dunno, all the bits I've seen of "War at Home", I've been like "well, I see what they were aiming at there, but eh, it's not that funny . . . ". But then again, I think American Dad totally sucks ass too, but a lot people seem to like it . . .