1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Armoni Brooks 30 pts 6 rebs 3 asts 9 threes vs the Blazers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Aug 17, 2021.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If he was consistent, he would be signed to a multi year deal of at least 5M per already.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

perhaps that is the nature of 3pt shot?

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/brookar01.html
    DD,
    I think he'll get there with more experience, consistent minutes and a defined role. Last year was his first time in the NBA and he shot 38% from 3 and averaged 11 PPG. Even though that was over only 20 games, last season should have an * by it for many reasons.

I believe he's likely our best and most consistent 3 pt shooter next to Augustin and maybe Green. If AB can improve the other facets of his game, he'll get more consistent minutes and be a larger contributor. He's only 22 and already has great confidence in his shot (something that cannot be understated).

BTW, I don't see the Lou W, Daniels or Benny Mac comparisons. AB is a better defensive player, doesn't have the handles or overall offensive game of Lou, but can do more than D or Mac.

DaDakota, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Grimes was also a FRP.

Snipa was UDFA.

I like Brooks value more.

5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't argue with Armoni loving Houston...he's here for a song. There's always a place off the bench for guys that cost nothing and can knock down shots.

But, Quentin....There's a pretty decent chance he becomes a long time starter. Not an All Star, but still.... Worst case scenario, he's a solid rotation player. But, I think he's more. How many late first round picks pan out, much less start in the show?

Eat em Up!

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not sold, there are hundreds of players like him that are inconsistent....Eric Gordon to name one on our team already - at least at this stage of his career.....he has to be a 38% or better shooter to really stick.

DD

8. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

ok, I actually believe AB will be a more consistent 3pt shooter over his career than EG. We have a few years to see how that plays out. Cheers!

DaDakota likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Get it done

D-rock and wlekfjv923n like this.
  10. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Among the options listed by Bima, the third option of signing overseas - it'll obviously depend on how much the contract might be. Anyone have any insight on what summer league standouts have signed overseas for? How much do Australian league pay? Euro league?

11. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Chronicle's Feigen reporting that Brooks has been signed to an Exhibit 10 Contract to play in the Rockets' training camp. They obviously would like him back and I feel like he's the frontrunner for the final roster spot currently.

D-rock likes this.