1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arlington Cowboys Stadium: New Standards in Extravagance

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by weslinder, Dec 12, 2006.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

lol..

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Hmmm.. good point..

maybe thats why its 60 yards long? 30 yards each way from the 50 yard line..

So unless u kick it directly up from the 40 yard line(you'd probably FG at 30).. you probably won't hit it..

3. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

at least we got the red toyota logo lol

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So does this mean Houston has seen it's last Superbowl, or do we still have a shot since their stadium is way out there?

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Drove by this monster the other day. Its a monster. All I wanna do is go in that monster. I cant believe the Aggies get to Gig inside that monster. I hate Arlington more than Dallas but man am I jealous.

6. Christopher

Christopher Member

The bells and whistles dont bother me one bit. For me a good stadium is all about being as close to the action as you can possibly be.

In Sydney we have the Olympic Stadium, which is probably the most state of the art stadium we have in Australia as far as transport, easy access and all that. But the seats there make you feel like you are a million miles from the one field action so the place is a dud.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpS3Kh9jxxs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wpS3Kh9jxxs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

8. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I hope it collapses.....While nobody is in it

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

So I guess it's pretty obvious that Houston will never get another Superbowl again.

and that dallas will never GO to another Superbowl...

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Exactly what I was thinking, although Dallas probably didn't need to even build a new stadium to reach that conclusion, since Florida seems to get 75% of all Super Bowls anyway.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

give them one Superbowl where it's icy up in Dallas, and that will be the end of it.

12. Fatty FatBastard

Why in the hell is everyone going gaga over this turd of a stadium?!?

Pros:
    Huge TV outside. Great for Tailgating. I like that idea a lot.

Cons:
    Looks like a big Nerf football.

They stuck with that r****ded opening in the roof thing that does absolutely nothing but bring attrocious shadows to the game. The elements are felt on all. Didn't they learn their lesson from the last one?

25 miles away. Akin to Reliant being built in Spring.

ALL football and basketball forums are pretty similar. The experience is pretty much the same, albeit with nicer ways of getting to your seat.

Good Luck Arlington Nerfs.

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Do you really think so? Outside it would be icy, but inside will be a nice 75°. No? Do you think they'll still say no more of this...? :(

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i'm not talking about the game...i'm talking about the 2 weeks leading up to the event. the guys who make these decisions like spending those 2 weeks in places where it's warm. they choose miami and san diego over and over again. they went to detroit...think they'll go back there?? jacksonville?

the stadium experience...the game experience isn't the only criteria by which they choose these things. remember the b****ing about j-ville being so spread out? that the hotels and stadium and nightlife weren't connected by any common link?? those are the drivers for these decisions.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I hope it is riddled with problems and gets nothing but complaints. God I can't stand Jerry Jones and that Dallas Cowboy arrogance.

Btw, am I the only one who noticed the A-train posts for the first time since 2007?

16. Lil Pun

Look how old this thread is, those posts were made in 2006.

17. Lil Pun

I thought this was a retractable roof stadium, no?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

JAX is the largest city in the states

19. Lil Pun

But he mentioned the negatives about Jacksonville as well.

20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I want to play Halo on the big screen!