1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ariza went 2 for 10...time to play tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie_king, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Mr. Space City

at this point people need to lay their t-mac "hate" off to the side right now.

ariza is struggling and playing too many minutes. JT is just not ready for the nba right now.

we have a guy on the bench capable of putting in decent production off the bench and giving ariza the rest he needs. that person is tracy mcgrady.

2. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Nah, that's next year when our go-to guy comes back from foot surgery.

3. logicx

logicx Member

That's kind of harsh...please don't tell Daryl Morey this...you'll ruin his day (maybe his year). Surely, though, they saw something in Ariza that made them think this guy might develop into something useful (other than just a spot up shooter or extremely limited role player).

I'm just wondering when we have to limit his time because he's becoming harmful and not developing. To be honest, I hope we don't even get to that point. I'd love for him to pull out of this and do great the next couple games so we can forget all about this and we can just call this thing a slump rather than the norm.

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

just let tmac have to opportunity to crash and burn. if he crashes and burns then he obviously should get an extension and this is officially yao's team once yao gets healed up and back on the court.

like I said, he does not have an offensive game except dribbling straight way to the rim with a clear cut to the basket.

5. logicx

logicx Member

Ahhhhhh, so you mean Tracy isn't the only person with an agenda? He's not the only person who's looking out for himself?

Hey, that's fine, I'm a Rockets fan #1, and everything else after that so I know the organization has to do what they do but my thing is...don't contribute to the drama...they should have expected this and known it was going to happen and they should have definitely known that Tracy wasn't going to be content with 7-8 minutes for more than a few games (especially since he showed he could do more). That's ludicrous.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

I can't type...hehehe

let tmac have the opportunity to crash and burn. if he crashes and burns then he obviously should not have an extension after this contract is over.

7. logicx

logicx Member

I've been arguing with Lou about that I think in the chat...he thinks he's improved on some stuff...and he has, but the handles I'm not sure yet. He hasn't turned it over as much, yeah, but plays like that make you wonder...

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5-ueY-JDUUg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5-ueY-JDUUg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tygpWwu6Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-tygpWwu6Is&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. allforone

allforone Member

for a potential 1-10 play? nah, let him release all his fire on the bench

10. Yak

Yak Member

Of course the entire Rockets organization has an agenda. And that agenda is to provide the best atmosphere for its coaches, its players, and its fans for not only today, but the future as well.

So yes, the Rockets are looking out for themselves as a prided franchise. They're going to be in Houston for years to come, while McGrady won't be in Houston for another year.

11. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

I really think we need to try T-Mac and Ariza together on the floor at the same time, and i'm not talking about 8 min. a game. We really haven't given this enough of a chance. I think the chances of Mac and Ariza benefiting positvely from playing off each other at least warrants a try.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

It wasn't that long ago that:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCC_qbTgu9s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCC_qbTgu9s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QPjwQBBpF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8QPjwQBBpF0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Mr. Space City

i always said i think t-macs game would complement ariza's game.

leave the dribbling and slashing from the perimeter and the playmaking to mcgrady while ariza could spot up on the wing and knock down shots with both feet planted.

arizas is a decent shooter when hehas both feet set put when he is forced to create his shot is when things get ugly

14. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Here are the problems I have with what you have said in this thread.

You mention this year is about developing young talent. Only problem is the team is winning so you arent just going to throw the season away to "develop" the young guys.

If that was the case why is Landry not taking all of Scola's minutes. Clearly Landry is having a monster year, but Adelman still plays old man Scola. Scola still helps the team win, just like McGrady might be able to do especially on nights where Ariza is terrible.

Second, you are right the Rox have every right to make the best environment and future for their franchise. Same thing goes for Tmac. I know he has made a lot of money in his career, but every player should look out for themselves above all else, cuz when retirement comes its over. I dont think the Rox are paying Hakeem or any other former greats tons of money right now.

Like it or not this is Tmac's contract year. Probably the last chance for him to cash in one last time. Im sure he sees the writing on the wall. The team doesnt want him back. So either show case him for a couple weeks and dump him or trade him right now. Im not saying its his right to play, just that I can understand his frustration with the situation. Its very similar to what yao will face next year. Contract year and lots of questions about his health. It will be interesting to see how he and the team handle things.

15. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

My eyes and ears are bleeding from watching Ariza play lead. I can't take it anymore!

I don't care if T-mac has to come in on a wheelchair, he WILL do better. Don't pull a Colts and keep the real starters out any longer. It's just frustrating. :mad:

Just like they stuck with Mac and Yao all these years, they're going to stick with Ariza and his current role...and I feel sick just thinking about it. :(

16. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

What makes you say he's a decent shooter? If one postseason is enough to tell you that, then Bonzi Wells probably deserved a max contract after that one postseason he had.

17. choujie

choujie Member

I don't get this.

Tmac is shooting a pathetic 36% and plays virtually no defense, and he's obviously not in the future plan of Rockets, what's so good to play him more over Ariza, who at least plays decent defense and will be part on Rockets long term plan?

18. jerrios

jerrios Member

Been there, done that, trying something new.

19. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

He just came back from major surgery. We haven't seen what his shooting % or his defense will be yet.

He needs to be sharing major minutes with Ariza, no doubt. Ariza's defense and shooting have been nothing short of dissapointing. It's almost like they're both coming back from surgeries.

20. Mr. Space City

i watch every rockets game and see what shots ariza looks comfotable at and look at the shots he looks worst at.

from what i see ariza looks comfortable when he just catches the ball and has his feet set and attempts shots.

he's not a good finisher which contributes to his low field goal % when he slashes and whiffs a lay-up. he can't create his own shot, and he can hit shots off balance.