1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza>>>Mcgrady..Not so fast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mjharleem22, Nov 1, 2009.

1. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

listen i know everybody is all over Ariza right now because of the last couple of games he has had, but what happened with all the negative talk during the preseason when he wasnt doing so hot. Yea ppl were overreacting during that time and they are overreacting now. I like ariza honestly, but he is in no comparison as t-mac. I even saw a quote were somebody said ariza has shown mor ethan what mcgrady has over the past 5 yrs. SERIOUSLY!! Yall cant be this drunk. I have seen certain post on Jonathan's blog..just ridiculous

Trevor Ariza is better now than McGrady has been in five years. If McGrady wants to play for a new contract, by all means give him that opportunity.

Tracy Mcgrady is a scub. I hope the Rockets trade him so they can continue to showcast Ariza. I'm worried Tracy will come back at the end of Nov and steal Ariza's shots. Either trade him or bench him all season long like Stephen Marbury last year for the Knicks until they can buy out his contract for a 2-5 million discount.

At the same time there have been others that have defended this argument.

Don't understand the negative comments here about TMac. You have to admire the way he's hired MJ's trainer and worked to get in shape. TMac was one of the top five players in the league when at his best. I'd certainly like to have him back if he can get to that level again. Clearly he is motivated to do that.

Ariza better than Tracy? The only thing Ariza has over Mac is youth and health right now..skill wise he is not on Tracy's level...remember Mac averaged 15 pts..5 dimes..4 boards...while playing like a cripple...he still command a lot of attention from defenses..If Ariza can average 15 + pts this season it will be considered a career yr......

So i will ask yall, do you really think Ariza is better than Mcgrady?

2. Convictedstupid

Just because someone said Ariza was better than Tracy really doesnt permit the starting of a new thread.

Anyone with common sense knows a health Tmac beats a healthy ariza.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Not better than a healthy, motivated Tracy.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

5. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

limping T-mac > current Ariza.

He just has the superstar aura, the length, handles, scorers mentality, ability to takeover, go in a zone, that others don't have, which in turn makes him the center of others defense, which opens everything up. Ariza can't do that on a regular basis.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Who are the members that are saying this? I am curious. :)

7. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

Who says anything about Ariza>>>McGrady?

Typical knee-jerk reaction in the GARM and fans do that sometimes. :cool:

Just ignore them if you don't like it. I thought people on this forum are used to that.

Don't make a big deal out of it or you may be setting off a T-Mac bashing feast. ;)

8. bbjai

bbjai Member

I'm actually surprised from last year, even when he was clearly a cripple he commanded a double team. No idea why

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

who said Ariza is better than Tmac?

People over-reacting to every little thing wasn't supposed to happen this season. Lowered expectations meant less reactionary threads in the GARM.

Why is this not so??!!??

1 person likes this.
  10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I doubt anybody in the GARM would say that, except for a troll to get a laugh.

It seems to be coming from a Mavs fan and another troll on Feigan's blog.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

People still respect a wounded animal.

12. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

I haven't seen such statements either, just guessing I may have missed them somewhere.

13. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

I like both of them.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yes Ariza is better?

You know why? Because Mcgrady has been out for a year and its not likely he'll ever be healthy.

2nd, he can't finish at the basket nor can he drive.

3rd, he shot in the high 30%, low 40% range even when he was "Good".

Suck it up, and move on, mcgrady isn't going to magically gain his youth back. I used to be a huge fan of his but he is pretty much not on this team to me anymore.

15. rockets2

rockets2 Member

This season mcgrady wi;;; suprise. look at gilbert and o'neal. grover is no joke. plus grover publicly said in an interview mcgrady willl be tmac again.

16. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Oh i forgot, tmac>>>>ariza

17. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Who was the poster :confused: . knote, wekko or bizzlerockets.......there notorious yao fan boys who rag on tracy

18. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

I love how Ariza is starting to play for us but he's not there yet. He's getting closer tho but T-Mac has better handles, decision making, playmaking, passing and shot off the dribble. I think that Ariza's 3pt set shot may be better than T-Mac's and I will give Ariza the nod on the defensive end even tho I think T-Mac can get down on that end when he wants to. But then again, the best defense in some cases is a potent offense.

I'm greedy, I want them both on this team!!!

19. rockets2

rockets2 Member

Ariza is a much better 3pt shooter. infact he and chas are th best shooters we have

20. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

I guess people started to worship Ariza after he scored 33 points for the ROLEkets. Let me state this again,
    Ariza will NOT be better than T-MAC in 3 YEARS. That's if he gets the starting spot for SF on the Rox.
    People have easily forgotten how many 33 POINTS NIGHT T-MAC had as a rocket. We won the past two games AS A TEAM. We have a bunch of role players who play to their strength and know their role for the team. How can you forget how T-Mac carried this team in the Dallas series. How can you forget the 13 pts in 33 sec miraculous game. People who said Ariza is better than T-Mac are just pure fair weather/bandwagon fans who clearly have no basketball knowledge. I am glad to see him and ab0 on the right track to become better players but ariza is no where close to T-mac in every aspect of basketball. Ok maybe he's better in staying healthy and that's about the only thing he's better :D