1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza likely gone with Ryno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Jul 24, 2017.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Honestly makes sense with PJ and Luc not to mention Carmelo in our rotation Ariza is expendable

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think we have learned from the Chandler Parsons situation that Morey doesn't really care about role players that are "recruiters"

He knows CP3 is here to run with Harden and try and win a ship not run with Ariza and reminisce on the New Orleans days.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

parsons was a FA, Ariza is not. not the same situation

Morey is not going to overpay especially when there's leverage. that should be clear to anyone who follows this team

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Having role players that stars like always help and definitely can help with any locker room issues throughout the season. Besides, Ariza is a phenomenal role player.

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Keeping Ariza is what puts us over the top as a championship contender. Having 4 players who can switch and defend on everything, and give each other breaks is imperative when you're facing a team like Golden State. Plus, Ariza galvanizes the locker room, and is one of the most respected leaders in the NBA.

Sen89 and DwangBoy like this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Maybe Ariza is a sweetener to get a trade done, but it doesn't make sense to try and dump his contract. His contract is very friendly -- modest and shrinks with each year.

7. RocketStan

RocketStan Member

I wouldn't be okay with this as much as I want Melo. We already lost Bev and Lou. If we lose Ariza and Anderson that's literally half our rotation from last year. Sometimes you need some pieces to stay the same.

DwangBoy likes this.
  8. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I've said it before and I will say it again... IMO trading Anderson + EGO/Ariza is a step backwards for our team.

csj likes this.
  9. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Ariza is very important for this team. I´m prepared to see him o Ego leave but just if Morey pulls something like a Lowry kind of get. I can believe in that. Don´t really know if realistic, but hey, that it the only scenario where I as a fan can be on board happily.

10. theh

theh Member

Not if it means we sign Lebron next year

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

that really doesn't matter for the time being and the coming season

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Y'all really believe Morey would put a opportunity to have a big 3 (the thing he has been chasing for 10 years) on hold because of Trevor freakin Ariza?

Sure it would be great if we can get Melo for just Anderson but chances are we will have to add another asset to get the deal done and I'm sorry but Ariza is just not a good enough player to be untouchable... like Morey said we have to "up the risk profile" to compete with GS

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Morey was ready to sign Parsons to a 4 year deal as soon as Bosh had signed. In fact, the only reason why he didn't pick up Parsons' option was because that was part of the wink-wink deal to get Dwight here. The two situations are nowhere near related. Plus, Ariza is a VALUABLE member of this team, and brings toughness, accountability, defense, and tenacity with him. You say CP3 came here to run with James.....I say he came here to run with the ROCKETS.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup because again he doesn't overpay. i guess that's the part you're not getting especially given the situation. Morey has no reason to. he's not dumb like half these other gm's in the league.

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I'm not saying Ariza isn't a valueable member of the team I'm saying I know how Daryl operates...

1. He values superstar players over everything else BY FAR.

2. He isn't going to keep one player because he is friends with someone else.

3. He knows the window to compete with Harden and Paul is small and you have to take risk to win it all.

And it's not like trading Ariza is even that much of a risk I mean at least it wouldn't handicap us in the future... would you rather get rid of Ariza or have to take back another trash contract that will limit our moves going forward?

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What is he overpaying? I mean we have to get rid of Anderson for salary to match anyway... and most around the league seem to look at him as a negative asset (even though I don't necessarily agree)

So if we trade Ariza and Anderson that's one positive asset that we are sending out and that asset is a 32 year old role player! Seems like a god damn steal for Carmelo Anthony one of the best and most versatile scorers of all time.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

he would be overpaying bc hes giving up more of the immediate core and an absolutely necessary piece in what the rockets are trying to build for this coming season. and again given the situation where all signs are saying melo himself only wants to come here to begin with.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Not surprised by this. CP3 and Harden are going to value the chance to win over friendships.

Besides, if we deal Ariza it's not like he gets marooned on an island. He's still playing basketball, happy as a clam and they'll all still be boys off the court.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am saying that Morey is the type of GM that assigns values to players and only make deals that potentially improve the team. Melo for Anderson improves the team. Melo for Anderson+Ariza does NOT improve the team.

20. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Look we can get into a game of chicken with the Knicks but at the end of the day a Bird in the hand is worth two in the bush...

This situation could always change the longer this saga goes on... what if we keep the roster we have now and start the season off bad and Melo no longer has interest? Or another team makes a push and Melo adds another team to his list?

I'd rather we go into training camp and the season with a big 3 give them time to develop a chemistry and give it a real run than try and hold out for Ariza. especially when if you look at the moves Morey has made by signing Tucker and Luc he is preparing for Ariza to possibly not be here.

You can say we need 4 forwards to switch against the warriors which would be nice but Mike ain't playing all those guys if they are all here anyway.