1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza likely gone with Ryno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by brewer's goat, Jul 24, 2017.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

No Chance and don grahamleone like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You want Melo at the 4. That's where he's most statistically successful (stats from 82games):

[​IMG]

3. Moleb

Moleb Member

And 48 of those 50 pages are people saying "first page" & "it's happening" . It's become a night mare sorting through the posts in order to find some decent info. That's my .02 cents.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely don't want to lose Ariza. Yes he is declining but he is a great locker room guy, well respected around the league and has championship experience. And he's still better than Tucker/Mbah a Moute. The wing depth to supplement his role is great but he is still important to the squad.

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Most likely false information. Ariza has limited use to the Knicks, and is only helpful as a backup to a contender. NY want young players.

6. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

I mean, I guess that's fair. But, last night, all of the Melo talk was centralized in one thread. Seemed to be working just fine. Every tweet even from unreliable sources shouldn't garner it's own thread in my opinion.

Moleb likes this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

It's 6 did we get Melo?? I wonder what time zone that Steele guy meant.

I doubt we trade Ariza, he is buds w Paul and Harden. Codman said he was the glue guy and that he gets along w everyone in the league pretty much. Also imagine a rested Ariza for the playoffs or even the reg season. He shoots better when he isn't playing so many minutes.
    Now we have Ariza, Tucker, Luc, Nene and Paul on defense against the warriors. Luc Tucker Ariza can take turns at KD or Curry. I know Paul will mainly guard Curry but we could also switch it with any of the other guys. How many times has Ariza has guarded their best player. Now he has help.

I think we will need all the defense we get to guard Curry and Durant. As long as we shot down Curry the warriors can be beaten. The Cavs won when they kept him under check even though KD scored a lot. We also beat them when Curry got in foul trouble and we won in OT.

Now we will make Curry work on defense guarding Paul or James at times. And we will swarm him w Paul, Ariza, Tucker maybe Luc. Hopefully some of this rubs on Harden and he plays better D. He just needs to focus on his man.

Anyway I guess I'll have to come back at 5-6 pm (PT?)

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. htownballa1622

Why are we even entertaining the idea of trading Ariza? Hasn't it been reported that everyone loves Trevor? I don't think we're trying to upgrade any position to weaken another one(sf).

The idea of trading Ryno is that Melo would upgrade our pf position w/o touching any other core members of the team. It's why E.Go, Capela, Ariza shouldn't and won't be traded for Melo when Knicks have zero leverage.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

Ariza is the ****ing ****ing driving the boat

We can have the banana boat without the boat driver....

But for real it is kinda a well known fact that ariza is boys with CP3, harden, and Lebron, idk about Melo. I don't think he goes anywhere

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Ariza in any trade would be Portland bound because can't see why the Knicks would want him with Hardaway allready there

11. brewer's goat

brewer's goat Member

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I like Ariza - definitely an "all time" Rockets guy and everything you said is true except for one thing - I don't think at this point he is better than Tucker - honestly they are all on about the same competency level with Mbah A Moute probably being the weakest of the 3 by a little. I think the point here is to always have a 3 and D guy on the court and pair them with one of our two A+ shot creators. Realistically you probably only NEED 2 of those guys so if you have the chance to sacrifice wing depth for another A+ scorer, you do it. I don't think that means Ariza is relatively useless to us, but rather that Melo takes us to another offensive level and that matters playing against a team like the Warriors.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why is OP not banned?

Isn't this fake news?

14. brosef

brosef Member

The idea that they need or want to unload Ariza is pure speculation from an outsider who has not kept up with the details of the Rockets moves this summer.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

The thing with Tucker is he can play the 4 defensively. That's why I believe Ariza had a solid role on this team to be in a defensive lineup of Capela, Tucker, Luc, Ariza, CP3.

Really hope Trev doesn't get moved.

16. kevtse

kevtse Member

I believe Ariza will stay. Ego will be gone with his buddy.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Ariza is a leader on this team and is buds with Harden and Paul. He's as untouchable as Bobby Brown

18. Jimmy Chitwood

Reported thread for fake news.

Ariza isn't going to be moved, are y'all crazy?

19. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

We'll be lucky if anyone will take ryan andersons trash ass. He's like a expensive corey brewer at this point.

20. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Absolutely no way Ariza is involved.

IMHO Capela, Ariza, and Gordon are untouchable.

But I still wish we included Gordon to get PGeorge. Kinda pissed we didn't take that risk. Would have 100% paid off tbh.