1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza crying?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by WhoMikeJames, Dec 27, 2009.

1. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

That's a different phenomenon- you're talking about playing the same TIME but making an effort to take more shots during that time.

We're talking about playing more time at the player's normal rate of shooting. So statistically speaking the percentage would tend up OR down towards the true average of that player. In real life, "hotness" and rythym play a role, so the percentage for limited minutes is usually lower than the true average.

2. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

tmac on one leg is better than ariza...how sad is that. and people were dogging his performance last year...and ariza is actually doing worse.

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Doesn't Jason Taylor play in the NFL for the Miami Dolphins? :)

4. BetterThanEver

All of us have seen what happens when T-Mac gets lots of minutes after a previous injury, when he is approved by the doctors as "fully recovered".

T-Mac on one leg means he quits unexpectedly and flies to Tim Grover again.

5. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

At least TMac will go 0/0.

Ariza will go 2/13. 11 shots that could be taken by...McGrady?

6. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

Nothing? Nothing at all?

:(

7. BetterThanEver

I rather bring him along slowly so he can get adapt to the progressive load on his body. It's better to have a fully recovered t-mac for the rest of the season, than an overloaded t-mac do a repeat of his past "recoveries" and globe trotting for doctors again.

8. wikiwiki

wikiwiki Member

If I could be confident this was actually what they're doing, I'd shut up on the topic for the rest of the season.

9. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

listen, i'm not debating whether tmac is soft, he is, but ariza is flat out horrible. give me a softy who shows up in the playoffs over a scrub who has no game.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Never post in Clutchfans again until you start passing your English classes. :eek:

11. BetterThanEver

Will he make it to the playoffs if he is given 34 minutes immediately or would it be safer to progressive workload? Giving him immediate starter minutes has ended his season prematurely in the past.

It certainly would be a problem for Adelman to repeat the same mistakes that made with Yao and T-Mac by trying to load up his minutes as quickly as he did in previous seasons.

If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always gotten.

12. BetterThanEver

Here is somebody with 1st hand experience with Adelman and beginning for more minutes.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltRRDTFOGHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltRRDTFOGHA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ah I see!

You've put forth the 'pathetic' argument that "no waiieii mann - TMaxx got injurre an needa get betta"

But you won't allow the same reasoning to hold true for Ariza?
    Namely, that he has never been more than a 4th-5th option before, and he's struggling with the increased 'workload'.
    Check out his early season shooting numbers, they looked really nice - sure he's going through an extended slump as defences adjust, and it's going to take him at least this season to work it through.

Will he ever be as good a player as McGrady once was? I seriously doubt it. But it's ridiculous how people are so quickly jumping on the guy - no doubt it's due in large part to McGrady love.
    I used to like TMac, but so many dumb things he's said and done over the last 12 months have given me a gutful.
    I hope the guy learns to play within a team system, but if the 'tread on the tyres' is to be judged from the last 18 months, then we've got ourselves a washed up has been.
    Thank goodness he's expiring I guess.

And we got Ariza for 4 more seasons after this one.
    I'll make a tipjar bet with anyone who thinks his shooting percentage will be at the same rate it is for this season (or lower) by the time he's finished here.

14. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

He's trying to remember what it felt like to be a good basketball player.

Or maybe he just misses Kobe since our "Kobe" is having issues with management.

15. Chiron

Chiron Member

I rather half ass player for 6 mil a year ... rather then a 20 mil a year bum any day!

16. RedRedemption

I don't think the Rick Adelman motion offense was meant for somebody to shoot 25-30 shots a game? Hopefully Ariza develops a sense of good shot selection and learns how to playmake...

17. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I did like that one drive of his to the basket for the lay-up in this Cavs game, it's just too bad he missed that too. :eek:

18. RedRedemption

I really love it when Trevor Ariza gets the ball, and makes a pushing motion with both his hands extending away from his chest, and it causes the ball to move to another wide-open Rockets player.

I think it's called a pass, I'm not sure. :p

19. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Thats not saying much. He'll eventually go back to a role player as soon as we get Yao healthy and hopefully another star to replace T-Mac after this season.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Trevor could do a lot by learning to "Take on the contact" instead of contorting his body every which way to avoid it.

He is like Rafer in that regard.

Just go up strong and take the foul......

DD