1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza + Budinger = great complimentary players when Yao returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 2rings, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 2rings

2rings Member

Couldn't help but think how sweet it will be when Yao returns to have those guys spotting up at the three point line. Morey gets two more gold stars (albeit based on early returns) in a book that is getting filled with them.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They are great complimentary players because they'll spend a lot of time telling people what a great guy and a great player Yao is?

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

What does this mean? :p

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I hope Yao returns but that is one major surgical procedure he went through.

DD

5. 2rings

2rings Member

I believe the BBS rules prevent me from expressing my true feelings regarding your post!

6. Asian Sensation

SS Yao has sailed. Get over it.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

the only problem is when yao's fronted we'll still be unable to do anything

8. 2rings

2rings Member

Calling Zydrunas Ilgauskas; please come to the BBS for a quick follow up comment on the above post

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

not quite, we have more guys now who can cut back door, especially for alley oops, and more three point shooters to give more spacing, including a PF in DA who can step out to the 3.

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

even if yao comes back 100%, not sure id want him on this current team. theres no way we'd blow out the jazz with Yao guarding boozer.

11. ibm

ibm Member

big z's experience tells nothing about yao's future with this team.

if yao returns to his form, then great. if not, then we must have other plans. can yao do it? no one knows at this point.

12. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

if our offensive efficiency is even better without yao, then do we even really need yao on offense?

13. ibm

ibm Member

we're 3-1 so far. do you think we can keep this clip (i.e., be a 60-win team) for the entire season if we don't add pieces?

14. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

It's not about Yao anymore and I think it's his duty to fit in the new system when he returns. Same as T-Mac.

Gotta run the high post stuff more.

15. 2rings

2rings Member

I agree, but to say there is no chance - e.g., "the ship has set sail - get over it" is not an accurate representation of the facts; i think things with Yao will always be risky but all indications are that he is healing well and has a reasonably strong prognosis for a solid recovery;

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Our defense won't be good enough without him for us to win in the playoffs. There's no reason why we can't integrate him into this lineup, it's not like scola and DA are olympic sprinters. Yao can still step out and pop, shoot quick hooks, and if we get the ball moving enough he'll get some easy layups/dunks. Plus he won't have to play as many minutes. Only problem we need him to take less $ if he's doing less work.

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

This thread is about a year too early to ponder about. Let's talk about the present Rockets and what they can do this year.

18. ibm

ibm Member

agreed. we can only hope.

and if yao returns to form, it will still be a yao-centric team - a team that got us where we got last season. with a few twists in strategy and a bit luck, we can even go further than last year. those "yao and mcgrady need to fit the current team when they return" comments to me are really nonsense.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

the thing is, we didnt just squeak out a nailbiter against the Jazz, we destroyed them in the 4th and stomped on their throats in their own gym. we beat them in Salt Lake, where no team wins at. we looked GOOD.

im not saying this team will win 60+, but what i do know is we destroyed Utah in their own gym we also tied the defending champs two games to two in the playoffs. if you match up against the Lakers and Jazz, you match up with the rest of the NBA.

i dont see any team in the west giving us trouble except maybe the Spurs and of course a full strength Lakers.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The Jazz are imploding. It was a great win no doubt, but that Jazz team isn't as good as everyone thinks they are. Better barometer is the Lakers game, even if Gasol doesn't play.