1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Brewer And Terry Need To Go In The Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DJboutit, Apr 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ariza doesn't need to go, but I think at his age he's better suited for a backup role. He's still a great fit next to Harden, has been a professional and would make our bench much better. He would be a excellent 2 position backup at the 3/2.

So hopefully we can sign a wing this summer like Batum to move Ariza to the backup role.

Brewer needs to go, Terry doesn't matter he's solid for what he is but I'm sure he wants out, we just shouldn't have to rely on him.

We also need a starting PG, Bev has been solid but like Ariza IMO he's better slated for the backup role, especially since he is so injury prone.

We need a starting PG/SF, should keep Bev/Ariza as backups. Also need a starting PF, but I'm not scared about a Dmo/Beasley/Harrell rotation as long as we can upgrade the other positions.

As for center we either have to bring Howard back or replace him, hopefully Whiteside. But I wouldn't mind signing someone like Biyombo/Mahinni or some other solid C and giving Capela a bigger role either.

2. ibm

ibm Member

this blueprint of our offseason is complete if we add jvg.

easier said than done, tho.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah Ariza as a back-up would be awesome. However a non creating SF is just killing us.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo Ariza can still be good, he's not shoting and defending well/that well, but that's the second year with something like 40 minutes per game...we should not forget this, he played way too much minutes, and a lot of times he's forced to make plays out of his capacity...

I think he'll be great as a sixth man and as SF in a small lineup like Iggy for the Warriors if we can sign Durant, but even if we'll miss on KD, i think he can still be a good/very good 3&D, we just need to have at least another player next to Harden able to handle the ball and able to make decisions for himself and others, Trevor simply cannot do that.

5. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

After firing the whole coaching staff these are the first 3 guys that need to be let go they have no trade value

6. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This.