1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Body Language

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I don't think anyone is bashing Chase. He is doing well as a rookie and has great potential.

2. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

The dude is absolutely money moving off screens, so yes.....I think we should draw more plays for him and use him that way.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Carl Seemed pretty pissed. And like always he said he wish we just won. I think he is going to give hime a couple of words to say the least.

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

Ariza's body language sometimes showed frustration. That's obvious. I don't know that's because of too much heart or bully attitude or what. BTW when talking about body language, i think Scola always gives the best attitude on the court.

5. fmp087

fmp087 Member

I could stand, well atleast somewhat, Ariza's horrendous play before. However, after seeing his fits and antics on the court, I can't stand to see him with the rest of our hardworking players.

He will slowly grow in to a cancer if this continues. Not sure if Clutch is reading this, but I hope he uploads the video of Ariza's body language from this game. Hell, we should make a compilation as the season progresses.

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

He's hurting for Kobe, that's for sure. Missing the LA glamour which is obviously absent from Houston. Dude needs to get his head together, support the team, or get the hell out of here.

No way that Houston is going to buy him out so he can re-up with L.A. The rockets and Ariza both made their bed. Now they have to sleep in it.

7. keez857

keez857 Member

I've started to notice this as well. Did anyone catch in the 3rd quarter, when him and Scola were up on the court for the fast break, Scola was trying to post up and couldn't get good position and Ariza just puts his hands up as to question what his team is doing?

8. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

One of my friends whos a Lakers fan said Ariza has ALWAYS been like this. On the Lakers, he was the most quiet and never showed emotion. He's not pining for LA, he's just being Trevor Ariza.

9. MC_hammer

MC_hammer Member

I've noticed his body language throughout the season too. Today though was the worst I think. Brooks made a big three pointer in the 2nd quarter today i think and when they showed the bench everyone was either up on their feet or clapping or at least had a facial expression of excitement. However, good ol' Ariza was just sitting there with his face resting on his hand with no change in his expression. I don't know what it means, but i for one do not like it.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I have a friend who is more of a casual fan. He watches about 10 games a season and had not watched one since November. I told him before the game how bad Ariza is and he didn't buy it. I quoted him some stats and he was still not convinced.

I got these texts from him during the game:

"Holy ****, Ariza looks like he has on roller skates when he tries to stop with his dribble"

"Ariza acts like a punk"

"I thought Ariza played great defense?"

Needless to say, seeing is believing when we're talking about Trevor "Mr. Brick Shot" Ariza.

11. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

duncan is doing well this season

12. Arvid

Arvid Member

If you guys have seen the hard foul he took on Fernandez when he was still a Laker, then you won't be too surprised by his missed swing earlier in the seaon and his antics and bad attitudes towards his teammates recently.

13. hello2

hello2 Member

I recall reading about a former Phoenix Suns ball boy experience and here's what he said about the Lakers' camaraderie:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/a1w3c/iama_former_nba_ballboy_ama/

14. albuster

albuster Member

Tonight, in the Phoenix game, he threw his arms down as if in disgust that he did not get a pass from Brooks who was driving and drew a foul for two free throws. Having seen this I am wondering why this guy acted that way and why thinks he deserves to get a pass on demand. Has Adelman given the primary scoring role to Ariza? If that is the case, does Adelman have it in him to rein in this guy considering that he has not shown a consistent offensive game so far?

Another example of Ariza's obvious short coming is his poor shot selection which was in full display in tonight's game. It was an ill advised three point shot while guarded by Amare, and at a very crucial point in the game with the Rockets trailing with only a minute or so left in the game. His bone headed game and attitude is starting to get more obvious as his game deteriorates and one wonders why he still gets so much playing time and getting the green light to shoot at will.

15. tofu--

tofu-- Member

What's pissing me off more than anything is that he's not kicking butt on D. Everyone he's guarding has shot at a decent percentage and hasn't particularly struggled.

16. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

that was him? WOW, I remember the foul, just didn't know it was him. I guess we didn't lose Ron after all

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't know wat's wrong with Trevor, but he needs to chill...

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I said it in chat, and will say it here.

I think AB is a bit passive aggressive and is just ignoring him...at times.

And that....is a smart thing to do by AB.

DD

19. Yak

Yak Member

That "foul" was mostly all ball.

20. Yak

Yak Member

Nothing says "welcome to the team" like ignoring your teammates.

But I know Brooks is probably handling the situations in the lockerroom.

If he isn't then someone else probably is/will.