1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ariza Body Language

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

What exactly is his role?

Adleman lets him do anything he wants, hes still testing what he can do. Just a tough learner.

2. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

And how is he supposed to do that when Aaron just drives to the basket and throws a dumb pass or a bad shot up?

Don't get me wrong, Trevor hasn't played well at all recently, but Battier has been struggling from the three point line recently too and you'd want Aaron to pass it out to him wouldn't you?

3. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Like I said, he already gets 16 shots a game. Too often the boxscore reads 2-9 3P for Ariza. Aaron, although inconsistent, is still more trustworthy offensively than Ariza. Maybe if Ariza didn't suck so much shooting the ball, Aaron would be more inclined to think of Ariza when he drives it in.

Ariza hasn't shown he can capitalize on the open shots he does get. Once he capitalizes on those shots, we can talk about giving him more.

4. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

That's a good point, well said

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Aaron might be dumb sometimes, but it isn't always 30% from the field, 10 TOs, or 10 3s a game.

Its annoying.

6. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

3:11 left in the fourth, perfect example..

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

He seems extremely frustrated.

I get this whole "experiment" but I wonder if he's going to settle back into being a role player in the long run.

8. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Annnnd Ariza ruins a possible comeback with that awkward looking jab step 3 attempt.

Seriously, if I was Brooks, I wouldn't pass to Ariza ever.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Ugh, Ariza really makes it tough for me to defend him on this board when he makes dumb decisions like that.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yep feel the same way...I want to be on his side but ughhhhhhh

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

Ariza sucks balls......that is all.

Houston signed someone for sake of signing someone when they lost Artest. Hopefully we can work out a trade with him and Tmac, but I doubt it.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone know what happened to Budinger's three this season? He started out so well but that three point shot went down the drain. :( :(

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

No duh. Trade this selfish punk. His attitude is worse than McGrady. Atleast McGrady can be a GOOD teammate on the court..

14. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

If this was any other team, I'd say Trevor may be on something. AB does need to pass a bit better.

But this ain't other team. The Rockets are playing TEAM basketball, where team chemistry is the single most important thing other than winning.

Which was why T Mac only got a small window with Adelman's offense.

I am disgusted by RA's double standard towards Ariza and T Mac. Sure, it is okay to let Ariza throw the game away, but not okay to play T Mac play 15mpg.

I know T Mac lives in his own world sometimes, but he earned it when he proved his superstar capability. The 6 games he played in, I was really impressed by how he was trying to get his teammates involved, and he DID kept his head down for a while.

You can't teach a dog without giving him treats. Especially when you are feeding Ariza steaks at the same time.

Anyways, it's all water under the bridge now. If RA was giving Ariza the green light just to piss T Mac off, then he can stop it now. Ariza is not only shooting horribly, turning balls over, developing an attitude, but also disrupting the chemistry.

15. mclawson

mclawson Member

As I said in the Suns game thread...

Something about Ariza bothers me. And it's not just his shooting, his complete lack of handles, shot selection, over-gambling defense, etc. It's his personality. I'm not quite sure he has one. The rest of the guys on the team all make sense - they fit.

They appear to be friends, to have fun together, to truly enjoy playing the game they love together and evidently (based on some tweets) even hanging out together. If you've been to a game and seen the movie night trivia thing they do during time outs you've seen it - that chemistry, that camaraderie . It's one of those things that makes this team special and at least partially leads to their success.

However, Ariza is just...there. Most of the time he just seems some weird and slightly awkward combination of sullen, confused, and maybe even a bit depressed. I'm not convinced he understands the team dynamic either on or off the court, or how they influence each other. Perhaps his time in LA has him jaded and thinking that your teammates are simply coworkers and nothing more - something to be tolerated rather than befriended.

Until he figures that out I'm not sure he'll ever really fit or gel with this team and the ultimately the team will suffer for it. Actually, they already are. Sadly, I'm not sure he'll ever figure it out.

16. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

Where have you been. Budinger's three has been inconsistent all season. On one shot he'll look like Peja in his prime and then he'll barely catch glass.

Having said that though, he still makes his fair share of them.....his jumpshot is just inconsistent, but he's a rookie.....it'll get better as his career develops.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I know what you mean. I hope it doesn't ruin our chemistry....i can only imagine what is going on in the locker room irght now...but I can imagine that IT IS NOT PRETTY.

Ariza pretty much ruined all Carl did the entire final 2 minutes to get us back into it. What a momentum killer. I'm guessing he needs to look out for chuck and Carl tonight. :rolleyes:

18. pimp kee

pimp kee Member

ariza blows id rather anyone else on the team take the all the shots

i cant believe that three he took in the closing minute.... :mad:

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

ariza has the same personality and shot selection of tmac. ariza sucks.

20. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

ughm, I think we all know what he can and can't do..... maybe he needs to study his own tape, or check the box score once in a while

even Lebron knew how to fit in with Ricky Davis in his rookie year