1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Ariza Body Language

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he did it to himself.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

This is great but some of us have been pointing this out for months. It's just getting worse now AND the losses are piling up.

He was a problem from the beginning.

3. albuster

albuster Member

This.

4. BigSid23

BigSid23 New Member

I think Ariza just needs that one full season under his belt to become that go to guy and leader of this team.

He has to remember though that even though RA has picked him to be this teams next superstar type player, he is still pretty expendable, because if he starts to play up his contract isnt going to be that hard to move and he will be just become a bench player once again on another team.

5. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

I don't think Ariza is a terrible player when playing within himself. The problem is that he came to Houston with the intention of being the "guy". And worse, Adelman apparently still believes in that model. The Rockets coaching staff WANTS Ariza taking 13-15 shots per game. They want him to be the guy that develops into a consistent 20-point scoring threat and encourage him to adopt that mindset.

The bottom line is that the Rockets took a calculated risk by signing an athletic wing with the potential to be star and attempted developing him into that mold. It hasn't worked so far and I personally don't think that it ever will. You win some and you lose some. This was probably Morey's first real mistake as the Rockets GM.

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

I don't hate Ariza, nor do I place the blame for losses on him alone. However, he's been TERRIBLE on offense the entire year with the exception of a good game here and there. His attitude is worrisome as well. Do you really expect people not to b**** with the way he's been playing?

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

I can say, with confidence, that this isn't going to happen.

8. albuster

albuster Member

Wasn't it the other way around? I remember McGrady state that he would turn Stromile Swift into an all star? Maybe we need to give the McGrady issue some rest. He is toast as a Rocket and he never led the Rockets past the first round. He had his chances and he blew them. Nuff said.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The truth is Morey and Les wanted a steal and they didn't get it. Now they have to go a different route. It's very very very clear...

or we could all live in blissful ignorance and welcome his 15 missed shots a game that could have meant a win. He's trashed so many shots away... it's time to shorten his leash.

10. BigSid23

BigSid23 New Member

Yeh probley so but like I said if at worst next year he hasnt matured we can trade that contract since it will be an easy one to move unlike some players coughcoughmcgradycoughcough

11. albuster

albuster Member

Indeed, bashing a non performing Rocket is par for the course on the GARM. It is also part of the excitement of being part of this cyber community otherwise it would be a boring exercise. Having said that, there must be something to Ariza's game and attitude that is so obvious, and maybe obnoxious, that I have never seen so much overwhelming agreement among the posters before. I hope the Rockets owner, particularly, would take real notice of this snowballing resentment towards one Rockets player.

12. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

thx for the video clutch....ariza doesnt move much without the ball, he makes his move after he catches the ball. he needs to change that part of his game and his attitude and demeanour when things are not going right.

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

ariza is NOT the new tmac. tmac was getting hated on even before he was injured, and even when he performed.

ariza is getting CRITICIZED b/c he's consistently BAD and he keeps playing like he's the ish. big difference. nobody is hating on him for no reason.

when you play like you're the ish, and yet your performance says you're worse than rafer alston, you better adjust.

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Duncan is in the middle of another quality, yet boring, season. 20 and 10 AGAIN. He is shooting the best field goal percentage of his entire career. Yeah, horrible.

15. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

The only similarities to T-Mac are the attitude issues, which is a big red flag for me. Battier isnt having that much of a better year than Ariza. But he goes full out every time. Same for Brooks, Hayes, Lowry, Landry, etc... Lack of effort gets you the ire of the fans more than just about anything.

16. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

LOLZ. epic

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup, someone stated brooks is being passive aggressive but you can tell he's pissed off at ariza after that dumb shot even though it looks like its towards the reffs.

I have had it, this team tries to hard for one man to screw it up. Why rick has give him the green light befuddles me, but its got to change SOON.

18. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't pay enough attention to Duncan. Good for him.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think maybe you just see why Ariza is criticized but for some reason could not see it with McGrady.

Granted, McGrady was a better player by leaps and bounds but he also had the paycheck and the title of franchise player that rightfully made us fans demand so much more of him.

McGrady sucked for a max deal player. Ariza is sucking for an MLE player.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Completely agreed. I am afraid Ariza may eventually get to Kelvin Cato status where summer after summer we all grumble at the lack of flexibility to make moves because of his contract.