1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza Body Language

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LosPollosHermanos, Jan 6, 2010.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't start this in fear of it getting closed and being something I was just making bigger than it really is but It seems that I am not the only one who thinks ariza seems to carry arrogance and a bully attitude on the court.

Its embarrasing enough how he loses his dribble or turns it over, but it seems he gets upset when he doesn't get the ball passed to him.

Whether its a matter of coincidence or not, but anyone else notice AB being a lot more bitter lately? He's been giving me this strange vibe that he is upset even though he has been playing really well.

AB isn't the only one ariza has been on, notably Battier, scola, and Anderson as well. I think Landry is the only one he doesn't gruff at, probably because as most of us have realized, it is impossible to keep that man down even if you shoot him or take his teeth out.

I'm not trying to start anything, just wanted to see what others thought.

<HR>
    Edit: Update with video http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5015913#post5015913

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

They might be worried about the upcoming Tmac trade, and their possible short-lived existence on this team because of it.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

trevor ariza is acting like a spoiled brat. bench him and let him know his role.

he has done this NUMEROUS times this year. it's not just a handful either. he needs to check himself.

1 person likes this.
  4. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I have noticed Ariza's petulant behavior on the court lately. Some people pointed out he b****ed at Battier after he made an errant pass to Battier a few games ago. Seriously, Ariza's performance and on court antics are not that far off from T-mac's last season.

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, Ariza's body language is very discouraging. Sometimes on defense, it just seems like he gives up and lets his man go without making an effort. Maybe I am being a bit nit-pickey, but ClutchFans seems to hold their players at a high standard defensively, so I think it is worth pointing out.

Also, there are many times when the ball is under the basket and someone (usually Carl Landry) is going up with the ball, and Ariza is in the corner and throws his hands up in disgust when the ball doesn't find him.

I think we need a Dikembe Motumbo type presence in the locker room to prevent any beef from starting.

6. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

Trevor Ariza does this all the time, especially when Aaron goes to the basket and doesn't pass it out, he'll throw his hands in the air in disgust, seen him do that several times.

1 person likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

He has a tradeable contract. I'm not opposed to trading Trevor.

8. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Ariza + Cook for Big Z ...

9. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I thought I saw Ariza wink in appreciation at Brooks when Brooks passed to him for that first 3 in the 3rd quarter.

Maybe that's his personality to show his emotions and I don't see the rest of the players showing disapproval at his "body language" at least not yet. He probably should tone it down as it can get old very fast.

10. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I think Ariza is just frustrated with his performance lately and he's letting his emotions get the better of him. He seems kind of quite with the media and everything but has these short outbursts of frustration. I thin it's just his competitive nature that makes him have these mini tantrums

11. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It's still unacceptable. He has no right to yell at the other players for not giving him the open look when he's been shooting so horribly. He needs to earn his respect by improving his play.

Now if he was shooting 47, 48% for the season and they are passing on those open looks, then he has a right to be upset. But even then, while you are playing on the COURT, you don't pause from the game to flop your arms around and display whiny body language. You b**** at your teammates in the lockerroom, not on the court while playing against the opponent.

#11 LCII, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

AB needs to turn to him and say....hey......do you want me to take my saddle off so you can ride me bareback?

I mean Ariza should be bringing the entire team juice boxes.

I have noticed this as well, and Adelman needs to take control of it before it gets out of hand.

DD

13. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Bench him and have budinger start at the 2.

14. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Ariza is a bum

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I agree with that to a point, but it's not like Aaron Brooks is making great decisions with the ball anyways. There have been plenty of times when AB has driven to the basket and tried to make some stupid pass or throw up some random shot that rarily goes in. I'll take a Trevor Ariza open jumpshot over those plays any day of the week... even when he's not hitting it consistently.

With that being said, I do believe Trevor could handle himself in a much better way.

16. Francis 4 ever

I think Ariza is Adleman's love child

17. BK219

BK219 Member

It's really starting to bother me. In the Phoenix game that's going on right now, he passed it down low to Scola and spotted-up for the three. When it became evident that Scola was going to work, he put his hands by his sides, stood up straight and starting looking off to his side, it was actually disgusting. He needs to quit acting like a little girl and focus on winning basketball games.

18. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I'll just say if Trevor wants the ball, he needs to earn it with his on court performance.

and...he gets the ball plenty already. he averages 16 shots a game. What more does he want?

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I've actually been a supporter of Ariza BUT his little "fits" get old pretty quick...make your shot consistently or at least stop taking contested 3s and drive to the hoop before you "demand" the ball.

20. clos4life

clos4life Member

Ariza needs to be put in his place.