1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza and Mbah a Moute need to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 28, 2018.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Really, there aren't enough 3-and-D players out there in the NBA for D'Antoni. They're the only guys he'll give PT (plus a center for cleanup duty). Pretty much he and Morey are in sync that way. It did bite us last night, although the refs didn't help.

Between Moute's shoulder and over-playing Ariza, yeah, those two guys came up small. And the coach wasn't going to trot out much of anyone else, due either to matchups or his adhering to The Jack-Threes System. A healthy Moute would have made so much difference, but coulda woulda shoulda.

If someone would take Anderson (granted, Morey would need to get creative), then yes, he needs to go.

Purvis2Short likes this.
  2. HTM

HTM Member

dude seriously anyone b*tching about Ariza needs to stfu already dude was an absolute beast all season and post-season.

Where the f*ck are you going to find a better cheaper wing defender who can hit the 3 to replace him? Everyone in the NBA is looking for exactly was Ariza brings.

Boohoo he had a bad game at the end of an exhausting season where he had to give everything.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I still don't understand why Robert Covington getting released over Francisco Garcia. Marcus Morris Drafted over Kawhi Leonard. Daryl Must acquire, trade for a Scoring, Passing Point Guard Trae Young, Terry Rozier. Small Forward that can shoot midrange and Create , Slash to the Basket Paul George, Devin Booker. Daryl is really bad in drafting, he has to acquire a First Rounder. They Michael Portis Jr. a Small Forward.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ariza's defense was tremendous 6/7 games. The moment Gerald Green or Moute came in for him our entire defensive scheme suffered. Moute I do not think will be back, he'll get more money elsewhere. He's a really good defender, could be elite, but injuries aside, he hasn't showed much mental toughness.

5. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I completely agree with this. Trev was assigned to guard KD, the #1 offensive player in the NBA. You cannot stop him if he has the ball in his hands. So, the best way to prevent him from killing us is to deny him the ball. That means riding his a** all game. You are literally sprinting the entire time on defense, fighting push offs, dodging elbows, and anticipating screens while keeping yourself between the star player and the ball. That’s exhausting. Anyone that’s ever been a “chaser” in a “Box and 1” defense knows how tiring that is and how difficult it is to get your shot off on offense. Should he have made some of his shots? Sure. But I’m not blaming him for this loss and calling for his head. He played a big part in getting the team on the brink of eliminating a generational team. If we weren’t robbed by the refs his next job would be denying/chasing LeBron. Also, even if we got LeBron next year, we are still going to need someone to play denial defense on the other team’s best player in every round of the playoffs next year. Finding someone better, smarter and cheaper than Trev is near impossible; not to mention his off the court contributions.

6. mockster

mockster Member

Ariza can start coming off the bench one we sign Lebron

7. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, PJ would move to the bench. LeBron would play the 4 in our offense. PJ would sub for Clint and LeBron as our first big off the bench. But... this is all neither here nor there at the moment.

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

You are NOT going to stop Durant with anyone. Durant is a b**** for one reason and one reason only...he's the best player in the league (one of the greatest of all time in fact) not named LeBron and he joined an all time great team who was coming off a 73 win season. I do think what you are saying has merit though. This current roster has a super short window of opportunity and it may have already closed considering CP3 didn't last in the playoffs for a 4th straight year. I love what the dude did for our team but I'm not sure he should be getting a 200 million plus contract at this point in his career; but it's a hard decision because he' still one of the very best. However, I absolutely need to ask what kind of cocktail of drugs you are currently on talking about Marcus Morris and Beasley over Ariza and Moute. Keep in mind, despite everything, the team won 65 games with 7 key guys missing 8 or more games....and we were up 3-2 on the Warriors with good reason to think we would have won had it not been for CP3 being injured....

bumbum09 likes this.
  9. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

I respectfully disagree. I like our team the way it is. Harden has to get better with his turnovers, be smart to take 2 point shots, and dribble less. D'Antoni has to play more players and know when to reign in Harden when necessary. Moute is hurt and Trevor played hard but one game doesnt define him as a overall player with exceptional value. We do need to get something for Anderson and may have to do a Osweiler like trade. We need to let Nene go This dude aged 10 years in one season.. We need a good backup center, taller power forward that can rebound and shoot mid range.

10. juanito713

juanito713 Member

I wouldn't be sad to see either of them go. Luc forgot how to play entirely during the postseason, injury be damned. Ariza is just too much of a liability on offense, and that's been the case ever since he's been back. If his life depended on making an open 3 in a big game, I'd be worried for him.

11. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We are keeping Ariza. Like Will said he is exactly the kind of guy that I want on the Rockets and to retire a Rocket. If the man didn't have the toughest defensive assignment every game, he could honestly have energy for his offence.

12. threepointshot3

Seriously you need to stop trolling

13. macan

macan Member

If Luc is willing to do a surgery on his shoulder and sign a vet min this summer. with us then i don't mind keeping him

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cuz of their age, it only works if they're healthy. ariza cant be out there 35+ mpg.
    ryan could've helped by letting the sfs play sf instead of covering for him.