1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ARIAN FOSTER TORN HAMSTRING!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vjohnson, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I like the comedic value of your post.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wouldn't it be nice if teams felt their talent and gameplan alone was good enough to win? Of course teams also don't want fans to think someone isn't going to play, so that probably also factors in.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Arian is an interesting guy. I have had some dealings concerning investments in alternate fuel technologies. He is a very bright and well educated guy, and very straight forward.

I don't think he believes tweeting the MRI was a big deal, and I don't think that he understands why football is such a big deal... I think it means more to some people on this board, than it does to him.

4. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Tate's not injured. He was rehabbing from an injury last year and he pulled a muscle early in camp but he has been fine the last coupe of weeks. He's actually leading the team in rushing in the pre-season.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, it means more to some people

LIKE HIS TEAM

I don't give a crap how eccentric and interesting he is. he is a pro athlete. its funny someone mentioned mcgrady. he didn't do what tracy did, but its approaching that

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Well, that is encouraging. He looks every bit as good as Foster which probably has a lot to do with our offensive line.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

Thank you, I try. This is all about fun anyway.

8. charlieaustin

Someone make Twitter go away!

9. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

Really?

It was a careless Tweet, and resulting distraction. I think you may be overacting.

10. charlieaustin

..and the Texans offensive system. People like to slam Kubiak as a head coach but he is an excellent offensive coordinator. I think Dennison just fills a coaching position and Kubiak runs the offense.

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Somewhere in Houston, Arian Foster is all smiles. He has this whole media/MRI controversy thing going, Chris Johnson just got PAID, and Foster is all but set to have a much better seaon than Johnson, resulting in a big pay day.

....If the anti-awesomeness doesn't win.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

NO kidding. I was watching sports center yesterday, and for like 10 minutes all the news they could show was about athlete's tweeting.

If that's where I wanted my news, I'd sign up for a stupid twit account and follow them myself.

Too many lazy journalists combined with too many 'news' sources competing has made news suck.

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I hope they treat Foster with more care than they did Johnson and Daniels last year. It's simply not worth dragging your studs across 12+ games hampered with a nagging injury.

See if Wade/Tate can carry the load week 1. Make sure Foster's at least 95% before trotting him back out. Those hammies are notorious for re-aggravation.

14. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

I'd say the same thing, but I'd say Tate/Ward.

Tate seems like the kind of back that can get you big yards, while Ward is the dude I'd call on to power one into the endzone or convert a third and short.

Either way, I'm not too concerned about Arian's injury.

With him, we're the best running team in the league.

Without him, we're still set.

And we always have AJ, which is more than enough for me.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i really don't understand the big deal with the mri tweet. people are acting as if it's going to change IND's game plan. it's IND's best interest to gameplan for Foster. just like it's in the Texans' best interest to game plan of Manning. How exactly is our defense going to change if Manning isn't out there? Why would the Texans be any less aggressive?

16. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

exactly. he hurt his hamstring... this isn't news. defensive players are going to be going after it regardless of the tweet.

this is an amazing non-story.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

edit:

#117 pgabriel, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  18. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

man, this feels bad... first dominic davis losing his knee, then slaton puttin on weight and losing his game.. now this? kinda hard not to be scared...

as for the whole fantasy football thing... get real... it brings fans to the nfl... people play, they watch more foot ball then normal people=nfl gets better ratings.. people who werent football fans, then become a fan of a certain teams then buy tickets, merch, etc.. to me, if anything pro sports wouldnt have as much depth if it werent for fantasy sports/video games..

nobody plays rugby, soccer, or cricket fantasy sports or video games there for most americans are clueless to those respectable sports and their players...

fantasy is a dimension that could be considered the "nicotene" of the nfl... when i was a little kid.. i didnt care about sports before i knew who bagwell and biggio were.. superstars attracted me to the sport and ive been a die hard sports fan ever since... now you see the star power without going to the game.. or even watching it.

19. Buck Turgidson

YES PLEASE!!!

Bruschi's comment that "oh now we know what to jack with in a pile" is comical. Yeah, because otherwise you never would have bent fingers, dug fists & elbows into muscles/joints, eye gouged, twisted any and every bendy-thing you could grab, etc....Texans o-linemen will have to regulate.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah, that didnt make sense. Everyone already knew he pulled his hamstring. So how is the MRI that much more info?