1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ARIAN FOSTER TORN HAMSTRING!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vjohnson, Aug 31, 2011.

1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I appreciate his transparency. It is too bad that teams feel the need to lie, and hide facts.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think he's a great guy...and i like him a ton, personally. but when you sign on for pro football and have all your medical bills taken care of and sign that over to the teams, in some respect, you don't go around tweeting your mri's or x-ray's. not a good idea.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

It was dumb from a professional standpoint, but from a personal standpoint, it was the opposite of anti-awesomeness.

Luckily, Arian isn't my employee, so I can enjoy his irreverent sense of humor.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't know if anyone is following this, but apparently a ton of doctors around the country have looked at the MRI tweet and diagnosed it. A lot of different places (a doc on ESPN for example) have said that the MRI results indicate he should miss 3-4 weeks of action.

5. Pete the Cheat

I am glad you posted this. the drama ESPN has drummed up over this is laughable.

since when is a 3-4 week injury considered major? especially since he will have technically rested ~3 weeks before the start of the regular season.

considering EVERY hamstring pull is technically a tear, AND its the same diagnosis regardless of the severity (rest). this is just another case of the ESPN hype machine trying to fabricate drama.

hopefully it plays into my hands for the fantasy draft next week =)

6. MadMax

no...him missing 3-4 weeks means he's missing 1-2 regular season games. that's very different from, "no problem, he'll be ready for the opener." in a 16 game season, 2 games is significant. particularly when your first 5 games look like ours this year.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

It was a dumb move, but he's right, humor is lost in translation...

The hype over this is crazy, but still shouldn't have done it...I tend to agree this is a distraction that shouldn've been avoided...He'll be alright and ready to go

8. AbbasNasib

AbbasNasib Member

This is definitely a distraction. Probably unintended, but a distraction nonetheless. Not sure what AF was trying to accomplish by doing this...

But there is one positive to pull from this. The Houston Texans are RELEVANT, and, IMO, it's going to be a BIG year.

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

They had a doctor on 610 yesterday who said that you can't make an estimation like that based on a single MRI photo. You don't have the other photos taken during that session and you don't have previous MRI photos to compare them to.

ESPN is pumping up speculation because it makes for a better story. They have some data, but not enough info to come to any real conclusion.

Arian is injured and he may miss some time, but 3-4 weeks into the regular season is probably an overestimation.

10. MadMax

3-4 weeks from the injury is what i heard...which has him missing 1-2 regular season games. which is different from what the texans and foster were saying previously.

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

they're trying to gain a comptetive advantage. nothing wrong with it at all

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

but as cannonball pointed out, the people saying that are those who have only seen one pic.

13. Yao11

Yao11 Member

Not a huge surprise. I'm sure just about every defensive player in the league caught Arian's tweet. Hope this gives Tate a little more playing time.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Lol I dunno if it's the Texans being relevant so much as Arian Foster being relevant as the #1 pick in most fantasy drafts. Texans still aren't getting so much love from the major media outlets.

15. MadMax

right, i don't know if it's true or not. i don't know if that's the case or if he'll be ready for week 1. i just didn't doubt it before, and now i'm not sure.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It is 100% absolutely the truth. It's like the third time I've posted this, and some in the national media are saying this. Look, I'm a nobody in the medical world, and I've only been around medical imaging for 5 years, but diagnosing an MRI based off of one image (posted from a picture, where it loses clarity, and you don't have other tools to help you diagnose) is like trying to pass a vision test from 100 feet away, with your eye half open.

And if ESPN has the full MRI by some chance, some people are going to be in loads of trouble. Jobs will be lost on one, and possibly both ends.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

With or without the tweet, players around the league know that he has a hamstring issue.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

It would have been really funny if he put someone elses hamstring MRI up with all kinds of issues.

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

Is Foster our new TMac; supremely talented, but injury prone? Well at least we have Tate, no, wait, he is injured too. Is Tate our new Yao; supremely talented, but........ Is it just me or do Houston sports teams have more injuries than anyone in the world?

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

go look at the NFL injury reports and then delete your post