1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ARIAN FOSTER TORN HAMSTRING!!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vjohnson, Aug 31, 2011.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Yeah, but Arian (and you) also needs to realize that all those guys sitting behind a computer looking "good" are a huge reason that players in the NFL are able to be paid so much money. It magnifies people's fervor for the game.

Redzone channel, NFL Sunday Ticket. Do you think those would be as huge as they are without fantasy football? How hard is it for a 49ers fan to watch the NFL right now? Not very hard when he has fantasy players playing every night.

I would say the average NFL fan has more information about the most miniscule details on every player than ever before with most of that being attributed to fantasy.

Fantasy sports are real sports played by real athletes on real fields. It brings fans together. Gives them **** to **** talk about with each other. I literally am frothing at the mouth for next Thursday night.

A person's life is more important than fantasy stats, but if those stats help pay your salary, you better hope to get your ass back on the field and perform for all those geeks behind the computers.

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Nah. He should get healthy and concentrate on taking the Texans to the playoffs.

1 person likes this.
  4. Wilford_Knows

Wilford_Knows Member

This...

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I paid $55 for you Arian, don't F**** this up.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It does help i think it's also been over exaggerated. I still think Redzone is very popular without fantasy sports. I know I love it and have never played fantasy football.

Fans will still love to talk sports regardless.

Information on each player is also not necessarily attributed to fantasy football. Stats have always been huge in sports and it's also a cultural shift with the bombardment of data...not just in sports but all aspects.

I find it funny that people are so adamant about how much fantasy football really helps...sounds like a bunch of keyboard jockeys got their nerd feelings hurt.

7. HombreDeHierro

I wanna chill with Rick Simpson and some PhoenixTears

8. msn

msn Member

I considered doing the fantasy thing this year but then I remembered I have a *life*.

9. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

10. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Fantasy sports doesn't exist without the NFL. Red Zone may or may not exist without fantasy sports, but the NFL is definately paying it's salary.

Arian Foster makes the same money this year with or without fantasy sports. I've got a few fantasy teams this year but have followed football long enough to know that the red zone and other channels coincide more with the information age overload that we've experienced over the past few years moreso than fantasy sports.(fantasy sports have most certainly benefited as well - but it's just a symptom)

11. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

My bad, I thought it was owners and endorsement deals and real fans who show up to the games who got the players their money. I guess I was wrong

If 49ers fans can't watch their team without the consolation of fantasy football, then I don't know what to tell them (or you).

I'm a Texans fan. I know how it feels to be bad, but I still watch my team.

So?

Because of fantasy sports, now we can be all up in a player's s*** like never before? I don't really care about that, nor do I see it as a good thing. Either he performs on the field or he doesn't, and a million and one reports by fantasy nut jockeys changes that not at all.

Sorry, but no. Fantasy sports are fantasy sports played by fantasy athletes on fantasy fields. It's not real life. What is real life is what actually happens on actual fields, and not the aggregate of players' performance that lets you s***talk your fantasy friends online.

If you really think fans couldn't s***talk each other without fantasy sports, I feel very sorry for you.

How much of those players' salaries is paid by fantasy coaches is laughable, and you should really stop making ridiculous statements like that.

Teaming up Arian Foster, Peyton Manning, and Larry Fitzgerald is not real life.

Sorry.

Foster is on the Texans.

Get over it.

12. Kate81

Kate81 Member

Really...

Anti-Awesomeness is funny now.

13. zlicciardo

zlicciardo Member

You have almost 9000 posts on a forum for rockets fans...no you do not have a *life*

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

610 had that Dr. First or whoever on and he said he also thought it was a small tear.

Forget about fantasy (though I like the game), but I'm pretty sure the team isn't going to look too fondly on posting your medical results for the world to see.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

crap i must be an even bigger loser!

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Well, I picked up Ben Tate in my league where he was available.

17. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Screw fantasy. Is it serious or is it ain't?

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

It isn't good. I don't know if they have said if he will need surgery or not. Injuries like this usually aren't serious, but they tend to linger.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Me too, last pick of the draft. :cool:

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yep, fantasy football doesnt pay the players, the people that goes to the stadium, buys the merchandise of the team, the sponsors, pays the players.

If nobody buys tickets, or buy jerseys, then team doesnt make a lot of money to pay the players.

the NFL redzone its a channel, that you can get all the good plays, so if you are not a fan of a specific team, you can watch that, or if your team is on a bye week, then you can watch that, is not only for fantasy football.