1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster injures groin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see how AD comes back after missing so much time. Will it be business as usual or will he be rusty as hell? Will he have lost a step?

I mean, he's 30 now, and just missed an entire year, and he hates the team he has to play for because they threw him under the bus last season so it wouldn't be crazy if he was a bit off....that said, AD is a freak that you can't ever fully discount.

2. msn

msn Member

Ding! Ding! Yao Ming 2.0. The Second Broken Dynasty. Would love to get a non-porcelain RB that is at least league-average.

3. Poloshirtbandit

This is kinda the normal life span of a RB. After 30 they go downhill fast.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At worst, Foster should b back 4 last 8 games. Texans bye is 9th week and start 2nd half in 10th week, giving him 2 more weeks if needed</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/630869536267317248">August 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Yikes... Foster's career is over... :eek:

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The kiss of death from Pancakes.

Foster probably got hit by a truck this morning.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Either that or he's already back in camp.

8. msn

msn Member

What has he had now, seven seasons? Of which he's been healthy for two of them?

Yeah, it's more common than not nowadays. But I gotta say, I really miss the days of Earl Campbell, John Riggins, Emmit Smith, Barry Sanders... guys who weren't so damn fragile.

I swear, I think Arian coughed once and strained his groin.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Looks like the Foster fam took exception to a tweet implying Foster shouldn't have his brother as a trainer anymore...watching Hard Knocks, it's clearer that it's a blood issue more than it's a professional one. Foster's brother needs advise Arian to seek out other professional help because Arian isn't going to diss his brother like that. Maybe they won't be able to do more for him, but how do you not look into it?

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...Earl limited by injuries after his first 3 years...........

11. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Yeah when your running style is "kill all defenders" you'll rack up injuries at a catastrophic rate.

Arian gets injured just walking around the Galleria.

12. Poloshirtbandit

I was gonna say, I think Earl had three amazing years then a bunch of injury filled seasons.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

&nbsp;

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

It really makes me think that Foster can come back strong sooner rather than later. They don't want to pay Pierre $2M or so and then have him play spot duties once Foster returns. I still think Pierre would be a good 3rd down/every 3 or 4 series kind of back for this team but won't lose sleep over this if BoB thinks we don't need him just yet.

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Knowshon Moreno is still out there. I wouldnt mind kickin the tires on him.

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

From what I hear he's having complications in his ACL recovery. He may even miss the 2015 season. Otherwise, I do like the guy.

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Would be awesome.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best-case scenario for Arian Foster, if no setbacks in rehab from groin surgery, likely end of September, per sources.</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/635922304552140800">August 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

18. Remii

Remii Member

Now that's good news...

19. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

That's exactly what I've been hearing. Given that his groin injury wasn't as severe as expected, and that the surgery was very minimal, I was predicting his return to come before we play the Colts. Which would be huge since it's a 4 day turn around on a ****ty Thursday night game.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arian Foster Update:

Arian has been in Houston working out &amp; expectations are for him to return to the field in some facet by week 2-4.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/636961794871922688">August 27, 2015</a></blockquote>