1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster injures groin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Summer Song Giver

Garbage franchise, Watt is a damn fool for sticking around this heap of garbage.... I mean go Texans

2. Mattician

Mattician Member

Did not need this to happen given the QB situation.

This team was a potential wild card team.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I predicted the Texans to win 7 0r 8 games this season. After this injury I will bring it down to 5.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't take long for the thread to show what I was talking about. Are these comments facetious? Impossible to tell.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

What's wrong with what I'm saying? I'm just giving my prediction on where the team is without Foster. He's a hard player to replace out of nowhere. He would of made Hoyer or Mallets job a lot easier. I feel without him they will struggle a lot more, therefore lose a few more games.

Stop thinking this team has a serious chance to contend. It's mediocre.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, fair enough, so you think you were being serious. You just have to understand that it's hard to tell the difference between a hot take calling for a 5 win season and someone being sarcastic making fun of those kinds of hot takes.

7. Airdough

Airdough Member

That's true, message boards make communication more difficult sometimes.

It got buried in this thread but if none of the internal options pan out, the Texans have plenty of secondary depth to use to bring in another running back. Losing Foster does hurt but if the line play improves, it's at least possible to replicate running production from last year till Foster returns.

8. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

With the first pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Houston Texans select - Christian Hackeberg, Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, Jared Goff

Anyone of the them will do.

Finally......

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We're going 2-14 for the 3rd time in franchise history. (((Sarcasm alert))))

Losing Foster is a big blow but I believe Blue or Grimes will have a breakout year. Fingers crossed. If not, hopefully Thomas is what the doctor ordered.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Instead of totally depending on the running game Houston NFL football needs to get with the times and execute a more balanced attack offensively.

11. the shark

the shark Member

Big fan of Foster, but man oh man this cat can't stay healthy.

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Pierre Thomas is the best they can do. Still effective and, as has been said, despite being 30 he has always been a platoon back so his full career is like two years of Foster's.

Thomas as primary with Blue and Polk backing up is not terrible.

Foster is irreplaceable for this offence, though. It has been Mostly terrible whenever he has been out, even when Andre was still one of the best.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Arian Foster is very injury prone, and he seems like a giant D-bag, but he is as irreplaceable as any RB I have ever seen.

RB's are treated as though they are disposable, because they usually are. Good O-Lines run the ball. But with the exception of Tate's one great year, the running game has consistently stalled without Foster. I keep waiting for somebody else to start effectively toting the rock, but it never seems to happen.

Sure hope we can break that trend this year.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Only way Houston goes 2-14 is an injury to their best player.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I just want Foster to come back and have a great half-season for the Texans…it'll be his last stint with the team, so hopefully he makes it count.

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

People always said the Kubiak/Shanahan system could make a 1000 yd rusher out of anyone but its no secret their greatest success came with Foster and in Denver with Terrell Davis because those are 2 special backs. Foster is the player this team could least afford to lose because we are suspect at every other skill position. This team just went from a potential 7-9 win team to more than likely 4-6 win team with this one injury.

17. cardpire

cardpire Member

Huge fan of PT Bruiser. Underrated and Nola was always reluctant to give him a full load and always looking for the next guy, while he meanwhile continued to perform and plow through tackles like a beast. The best part of that is their underuse of him kept his mileage way lower than it should be. He's also a great receiving back.

Crazy to me that a talent like him, who has really shown no signs of slowing down, is just sitting their in the free agent pool, but I sure hope we sign him. Arian is indeed irreplaceable, but Pierre is an A+ stopgap.

18. Raven

Raven Member

I think they went from being an 8-10 win team to a 6-8 win team. Even with Foster missing either half or all the season, I don't see the Texans losing more than nine games, tops. They have a very favorable schedule and stability and QB, and anything Clowney brings will be gravy.

19. edwardc

edwardc Member

You must be one of the suck*ss cowboy fans.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Arian Foster: 28 years and 11 months old, 1746 touches, 4.5 YPA, 9.0 YPR

Pierre Thomas: 30 years and 7 months old, 1209 touches, 4.6 YPA, 8.0 YPR

I'd say given the circumstances, this is about as good of a replacement as we'll ever find.