1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster and Stephen A. Smith argue over Marshawn Lynch and the media

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RV6, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

The pot calling the kettle a black.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They won't ever go there. No way.

Also, Goodell shouldn't be exempt of speaking either. He denied an interview request by NBC before the Super Bowl. The freaking commissioner of the league speaks once or twice a year, but forces players to have to talk every few hours.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

J.J. Watts on Mike and Mike right now if anyone is interested

4. baubo

baubo Member

I feel if you get into an argument with SAS, you've already lost and he's already won. I don't even need to listen the actual conversation.

That's cause Goodell have people speaking for him. They're called press releases. Although it would be funny if Lynch hired a publicist to answer questions for him like a press secretary.

As for Lynch, the league won't do anything to him but I would not be surprised if there's not such a rule for the future. David Stern forced NBA players to wear suits when they're injured. Goodell can force his players to speak some random PC bullcrap to give media their required quote for articles.

5. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I love this whole thing. I love that Lynch doesn't talk to the media and doesn't give a **** about interviews. Its hilarious to watch the media get butthurt and whipped up into a frenzy. Yes it is childish of him but its childish for the media to complain and blog about their outrage because a grown man won't give them lame PC BS cookie cutter answers. Anyone making a big deal about this needs more important things to worry about.

Lynch should just give a really lame Russell Wilson style interview then get up and throw his helmet and start yelling this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FsqJFIJ5lLs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Very petty topic on both Lynch and the media's ends of it. I couldn't care less about how it plays out either way. But, I would like to see how sitting at a podium with absolutely no reporters or cameras out front would effect him. He acts like he doesn't want the attention, so don't give it to him.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be comfortable with sitting in a buzzing room on media day and watching everyone get attention, while they sit there alone at their booth with no one interested in them at all.

[​IMG]

7. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Won't watch the vid. I imagine its two douchebags talking over each other. Much like Skip and SAS.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Arian is 100% correct

These lame ass, worthless question sessions do nothing for the fans, it's just cliche after cliche with predictable and useless answers

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Who's gonna fine the media when they run an incorrect story, need to retract or apologize, ignore facts, etc...?

Fack the media, especially sports media. They're not "reporters" or "journalist" covering a war or politics or something important. They're basically entertainment media (they won't admit that) and those guys are basically sub-human so fack them.

I especially can't stand guys like SAS, Jim Rome, Whitlock, Bayless, etc... Those guys have the access to cover our sports, our sporting heroes, and the opportunity to provide insight. Instead they think they're the stars and everything they do is to promote themselves.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Lol, well that definitely isn't what happened in the video.

11. ths balla

ths balla Member

Your too honest and speak your opinion, your told to "shut up and play."

You give boring/cliche answers, the media gets mad at you for not being open enough with them.

For once, the media is not getting what THEY want, and I am perfectly fine with it.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont forget Josh Gordon's letter to Berkley and Stephen A...Htown boys aint nothing to f**** with

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

why the hate though?

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Foster was also on the Dan Lebatard show giving love advice yesterday (check the podcast).... I found it funny.

15. Remii

Remii Member

I laugh my azz off every time I see a fan say they have to do stuff they don't want to do for their job so the athletes should do it too... Trying to characterize a professional athlete's job to the same level as being a fry cook. Lol...

And Stephen A. is just mad because he sees the media is being bypassed and essentially just becoming talking heads.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Dan Lebatard has the best show on radio... Those guys are damn fools. Lol.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on how widespread the childishness gets, without the media, the NFL is nothing and those in charge know it. Sports leagues rise and fall and if the NFL gets the media against them, it'll only be a matter of time before they fall from the dominant position they are in right now which would mean less money for everyone involved. There's no way the league would let individual players damage their relationship with the media simply because they want to act like infants.

18. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's one thing for people to think you're a dumbass. It's quite another to go out and publicly prove them right which is what Gordon did with that so-called "open letter". Oh well, he'll have a lot of free time in the next year to learn this.

19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Right lol not everyone's job is comparable

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's actually the opposite, the players want to act like they have "ordinary" jobs when it suits them. They don't have ordinary jobs, talking to the media is a part of it, not hurting the NFL is part of their job. If they were a fry cook, they could simply say "that's not part of my job", since they aren't, they can't.