1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster achilles injury vs. Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe he gets injured anyway but I don't see why you keep putting wear and tear on your injury prone rb.

No reason for him to be out there down 30 points

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Exactly.

I understand that Arian is the type of player who wants to play all the time but it's the job of the head coach and the staff to protect him from himself.

Was Arian even healthy to begin with? It seemed like he was just getting into good playing shape.

At the end of the day, it was pointless to have him or any key guys out there down almost 30 with less than 5 minutes left in the game.

Now, we literally have no running game at all (don't understand why this team thought it would be okay with only a injury prone RB and no one else). Add that to a horrible passing game, limited special teams and a bad defense and this season is over.

Texans are just so unprepared, so reactive instead of being proactive to situations plain as day to see. It's both frustrating and almost hilarious to think about.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His career is likely over. I have no problem with O'Brien playing him late, although I do not agree with it. Ultimately Foster isn't part of the big picture. His value as an investment is low.

Watt was in the game too though. That irks me. Had this happened to a Clowney... I'd be livid. A 1st round investment is bigger to this franchise than 1 win or even this particular Head Coach.

What happened to Foster is sad but the impact long term is minimal.

If I'm Foster I'm pissed at O'Brien.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

BoB has no clue. Watt's ass trying to pad his stats too so maybe the players are fine with it. These guys feel better putting up empty stats against back-ups? Seems like it.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

There are a lot of fantasy players counting on those empty stats. If you don't believe fantasy has led to the NFLs growth you are crazy.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Just move on, this guy keeps getting injuries. His time in Texans is over.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, since the game was hopelessly lost at halftime, should the entire starting offensive and defensive units (wherever possible) been on the bench? What's the difference between Foster being hurt with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and him being hurt in the 4th? Watt, Cushing, Clowney, Hopkins, Hoyer, Brown, et al were also still in the game.

Was the coaching staff irresponsible for having Foster on the field the first time they had the ball in the 3rd quarter?

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Foster is injury prone and just came back from an injury.

I think they should have eased him back in better.

Heck most teams have running back by committee anyway to keep guys fresh

9. thejav

thejav Member

most teams aren't down by 6 touchdowns in multiple games and have to try to catch up..you dont try to catch up with your backups.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm gonna miss foster is this really is the end of his tenure in Houston and maybe the NFL. I was really hoping that foster foukd play a few more season and make a real run at 10000 career yards all purpose and 80 plus tds.

Right now he's at 8640 all purpose yards and 68 tds in 76 career games. 115 yards from scrimmage per game ranks 3rd all time in NFL history. Has the most tds since his first game as a Texan, basically when this guy plays he produces. He was just starting to get his feel back and nobody in the NFL gets in the endzone more than him he had 3 tds these past two weeks.

Hopefully Foster can make a complete comeback and continue to play if not here than Somewere else. He's one of the top 3 Texans of all time and the most productive rb in the NFL since he can into the league. Hasn't always played but when he did he was really really good.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He suffered an injury that has nothing to do with his previous injury.

And, he was splitting series/reps with Polk throughout the game... including the play before he got injured.

Like I said before... nobody was complaining about Arian being out there after he scored his 2nd TD. This is purely hindsight garbage and looking to deflect the attention away from a guy who's been injury prone his whole career.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He's not coming back from an achilles tear... its still as devastating an injury as it ever was.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Arian Foster has already had his MRI today. Surgery within the next few days to repair his ruptured Achilles. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/658728921320566784">October 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, when should they have taken him out? Since the game was seemingly hopelessly lost at halftime, should he have played any third quarter snaps? If so, why? He had 23 touches the previous week and 28 against the Colts on a short week. He had 23 touches prior to his injury against Miami.

#114 bobrek, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  15. Sajan

Sajan Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl-new...free-agency-2016-achilles-history-age-mileage
    Still, the Texans drove Foster into the ground in 2012 with 351 carries and another 58 targets. That is generally the kind of workload given to a player who has a more limited future to the organization — not one just signed to a monstrous contract. It was in 2013 that Foster began to break down, missing eight games as the Texans crumbled to a 2-14 record.

16. Joemega

Joemega New Member

Foster is done in this league. Can anyone remember a full season where he was healthy?