1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster achilles injury vs. Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Clutch, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

f*** you. wish i could give neg rep

2. Raven

Raven Member

Should be an instant ban.

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I second this, what a terrible thing to post, seems like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are two things you cannot avoid spoilers on. This is most likely because both shows attract such a large group of people including a plethora of plebes.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

5. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Seriously?

Agree. Hope he recovers; he's been a great player for the Texans.

Alfred Blue is Payton-like in that his hesitance is Terrell Davis like...

Alfred Blue sucks. Straight-up. The Von Wafer of the NFL.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Fosters done.

7. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Loved watching him play and it saddens me to see him go out like that ... Foster was the best running back to ever play in this town besides Earl and we may not see anything close to him in a Texans uni for many years to come .. He was the complete RB ..run ,catch did it all ..truly a sad day in this franchises short history

8. Mattician

Mattician Member

Tough injury.

Hope he makes a strong recovery. Even if it's not with the Texans next year.

9. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I read that the altered running mechanics caused by severe groin injuries like Fosters leads to catastrophic injuries like Achilles ruptures and non-contact ACL tears. I think we underestimate what a physical toll it takes to play pro sports. I get that people blame O'Brien, but this injury was going to happen sooner, or later.

10. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Still don't know why he was in the game. This is like Boobie Miles in Friday Night Lights with the exception that BOB doesn't have half the brains as Billy Bob.

11. Nook

Nook Member

He TORE his achillies. There is no mystery.

12. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Thought Foster should've hung it up from his previous injury. He's been so injury prone in the last few seasons, he should retire already. Let our miserable franchise tank for a few years and hope we hit some home runs on our draft picks to pull us into mediocrity.

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Cascade injuries are certainly a thing, and it's a testament to his ability that despite likely adjusting his running style to compensate for the groin, he was still able to run as well as he did.

Like when Jamaal Charles and AP both came back from their ACLs. Even if they only returned back at 97% of their former selves ability wise, they were still good enough to dominate on a field of elite athletes.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

And 500 posts in 9 years and he decides a spoiler is post worthy? Ban him

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I totally missed this since I turned off the game after the 1st quarter.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Should Campbell be fired for having Tannehill in the game until 4 minutes were left? If you want O'Brien fired for other reasons - fine, but Foster's injury was a fluke and may have happened by simply walking to the lockerroom.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What? Don't you know the Texans are the best 4th quarter team in the NFL?

18. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

What faith do you have in this process given the front offices track record for nailing picks...:rolleyes:

19. Remii

Remii Member

Foster is going to have an X-wife and baby mama to support... He couldn't retire. And I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing next year.

20. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do feel bad for Arian. Ever since he first got his chance on the active roster, he's been busting his behind trying to help this team win. Kind of ironic that his Texans career begins and ends in Miami against the Dolphins. He had his first real breakout game in the NFL back in 2009 in Miami. So many beautiful runs and catches. The team relied on him so heavily. He almost carried us to an upset win against the Ravens in the playoffs. Was an absolute beast in his prime. Will probably be a while before we see anyone like him tote the rock for the Texans again.