1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Argentina Angola, startof 2nd quarter Scola already with 17 points

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, Aug 30, 2010.

1. WNBA

WNBA Member

ridiculous amounts of playing time = NBA playing time.

players' training & working out time >>> playing time. Should Yao be exempt from practice?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He should have his practice time DRASTICALLY cut back...find a way for him to get his wind without running...maybe in the pool etc...and limit his practice time to keep him fresh for games.

DD

3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Other than Yao, Scola is the only Rocket that I absolutely would not trade even for LeBron or Kobe.

I just love his attitude and dedication to the game. He's a hustle, effort and heart all rolled into a 6'9 Argentinian Warrior!

4. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

hopefully carmello anthony paid close attention top this game.

yao + scola+ mello in the frontcourt = one of the best offensive front courts in the western conference as well as in the nba.

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Does anybody get the feeling that Scola is the most underrated player in the game?

I just love the dude so much! If he could just work a little harder on the defensive end, he would be a top 10 player in the league!

Scola > Amare or Bosh! Enough said!

I can't believe I actually condoned trading Scola for either of them. SMH.

6. worzel gummidge

Get Prigioni, Nash, or any other great playmaking/P&R PG on the Rockets and we'll see beast mode Scola more often.

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

More natural than a 7'6" Asian.

8. VBG

VBG Member

He has to be synced with the new offense and temmates. He also needs to get into game shape and get used to playing at a high level.

Yeah it should be cut, but drastically cutting is stupid

9. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

He's missed like, 1 game in 3 years cuz of injuries, whatchu talkin about? Yao??

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

If Scola got the ball more, he'd be a 20/10 player in the NBA. Too bad he's our 3rd or 4th option. This dude can ball.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Scola used to be considered "the best player outside of the NBA" when he was playing in Europe. He didn't get that reputation for nothing.

We should be glad that it was San Antonio, a team that had the best PF in the game, who got his right. Otherwise, he would have been playing on another team in the NBA a lot sooner and would not have been a Rocket.

12. parmesh

parmesh Member

Rep this man.

13. devilsdandruff

14. anchel

anchel Member

Not at all, but that's very repeated around here. One of the best players, tough, a top-3 among post players.

To be honest, he has played against sub-par teams, from now on likely he will slow down his performance.

15. psingh34

psingh34 Member

they tried doing that year b4 last too .. i remember yao used to run b4 games or something and they had him stop .. rick at the time said something like we need to cut back on his rigourous practice schedule bc that will make more of a diff than playing 5 min less... i think they need to figure out how to continue that trend it worked all the way until playoffs.. i think we can all live with yao just missing 5-10 games a year for the rest of his career if he can average 30-33 min in the games he plays

remember dream would towards the latter half average like 34 min (i havnt checked this)

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Luis is on a tear at the World's.

17. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Luis is older and healthier.