1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Argentina Angola, startof 2nd quarter Scola already with 17 points

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Seth, Aug 30, 2010.

1. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Yeah, his body revolted and said, "It's not natural to be 7'6"!!" and turned on him.

I just have a feeling that Scola will follow a different path.

(knocks on wood)

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

6'9'' is perfectly natural and I see these walking around town all the time!

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

The spurs are a old, declining team. It's nothing to do with Parker and Manu's international plays. In fact, in their championship years, Manu and Parker also played for their national teams. Although both Manu and Parker didn't play for their national teams this summer, I don't think the spurs have a chance to win the title this coming season.

Sometimes, some fans just refuse to believe their favorite teams are declining, not a contender any more. So, they find all kinds of excuses, such as some players playing for their national teams...

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If I'm not mistaken Scola usually always beasts it up in International play. It's probably him being used to playing with the same guys after 8+ years or so and knowing the rules.

He plays a lot better for Argentina then for us, but that's also against lesser competition besides USA and Spain.

6. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

don't jinx it!!

7. optAmystik

optAmystik Member

Yeah, Scola has more of an opportunity to be 'beastly' in intl. play.

And it is exemplary of his heart, especially when playing for his country.

So glad he is our PF - instead of tag-along Bosh.

8. amaru

amaru Member

Didn't we have another big man avoid injury for 3 years........how did that turn out again? I forgot....did he keep the streak alive? :confused:

9. theimpossibles1

No, you don't jinx it.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

There is no evidence that playing for CNT was the reason for the injuries.

Instead, Yao's every injury happened when he was playing in NBA.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

The only difference is the age.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Parker and Ginobli have both had injuries in international competition that carried over into the NBA season. Parker injured his ankle against Austria, I believe, and Ginobli has had a wide variety of injuries.

13. amaru

amaru Member

Luis is older

14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

All of Yao's injuries have occurred in the NBA, but the issue is rest. His games for the CNT always seem to brush against his rehab schedule, like his most recent Olympics. I highly doubt he was 100%, but he still had to carry a huge load as the star player. But you're right, there's no evidence that playing for his national team caused him to get injured. That's just a poor insinuation on my part.

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

With stress fractures, in a nutshell, ridiculous amounts of playing time = muscle fatigue = more susceptibility to trauma.

16. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Both Manu and Parker were healthy when playoffs started last season. But they were still swept by the suns. The main reason is that Duncan is not as dominanting as before, although he hasn't played for national team since 2004.

17. Seth

Seth Member

Biggest difference between Yao and Scola, is that Scola played league and international tournaments since he was 15 years old without sustaining a major injury.
    He said he believes that taking long breaks without playing cause his game and physic to step back a little bit so he always chooses to play for Argentina.
    Cannot argue with that. As you cannot argue with Scola´s choices, if it has worked for him this far, then why fix it?
    I believe Scola is proffessional enough to understand what he has to do to compete at high level.

18. dreamshake09

dreamshake09 Member

He says it keeps him in shape.

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Luis' confidence has really grown since Landry got traded. Now it's translating to the Argentinian national squad where, I feel, he has taken the leadership over from Manu Ginobili. Augurs well for our 2010-2011 season.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I like how you're thinking, but I have to disagree (if that makes any sense). Luis has always been a leader, for his national team, when playing in Europe, and since he came to the Rockets. Except for a relatively short time finding his way in the NBA, which is quite different from what he had been used to, the issue for Luis, in my opinion, was getting the minutes and the opportunity to show what he could do. Getting rid of Alston allowed Brooks to blossom, and getting rid of Landry did the same for Scola. A combination of gaining the confidence of Adelman and getting the minutes to display what they were capable of. While far different as players, they share that experience coming up to the level that made them successful starters for the Rockets, and we're damned lucky to have them.

Scola Rocks! :cool: