1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you serious?!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Preston27, May 12, 2003.

1. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Eminem is such a hypocritical biatch. He complains that people come down on him for what he says and he makes fun of other artists like Moby, yet he gets all pissy if people say anything about him. Some magazine was putting out a picture of him in a pink shirt, he bought up the entire printing and had them burned. Does anybody remember when Triumph the Insult Comic Dog tried to make fun of him at the VMAs? He had a wall of security to keep Smigel from getting near him, then he ran to the bathroom like a b*tch!

3. SLA

SLA Member

Yep...he insults people...but won't let other people insult him. And it's just for fun! Humor! Joking! Al should make the video anyways secretly...and display it on the "black market".

I still like Eminem. :D

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Eminem happens to feel that "Lose Yourself" was a very serious song, something that shouldn't be blemished. Em gave Weird Al the right to do a parody.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand the bit about giving him permission to do a parody, but no video. What's the difference. It's okay to make fun of him in audio, but not video? I mean, it really sounded like Eminem led Weird Al on in this. Yankovic was under the impression that he would be given permission to do the video, then Eminem drops the hammer on him. Was he expecting a respectful parody? Weird Al has been doing this for years. Eminem should have known exactly what to expect.

6. moomoo

moomoo Member

I may be wrong here since I haven't seen all of Em's videos, but aren't all his so-called parodies of real life people (not counting his parodies of fictional characters) actually disses on people he has some kinda beef with?

This is unlike Weird Al, who makes fun of people for fun, just to make fun of them....

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

As I mentioned before, Al doesn't need ANY artist's permission to do a parody of thier song, in audio or video form. Weird Al is in his full legal right to make the video, and Eminem can't do a damn thing about it. If I were Al, I'd tell eminem to go f*ck himself, but it doesn't work that way

What Al DOESN'T have is the media support that Eminem has. His song won't get played on radio stations nationwide 25 times per day, and his video will only get a token showing on TRL, maybe two, and that's it...He knows that if he got into a PR battle with Eminem, he would get his ass kicked because Eminem's next album will sell 10 million copies, and his next album will only sell one million. The multimedia conglomerates that control the music industry don't consider him a "serious artist", so they'll support Eminem...

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

It really is true! You ARE moestavern19's archenemy! :D

Seriously, this reminds me of the Coolio argument. Weird Al felt like (and I agree with him) that it would make Coolio look "cool" if he dissed Weird Al for "Amish Paradise" in public even though he didn't want to take it any further as he was enjoying the royalties that Al gave him with that song.

Same thing with Marshall Mathers....the guy is so concerned about his image that he thinks that if he acts like Coolio did that is going to make him such a badass.

Personally, I can't get into rap music anymore, but if I did, I would not listen to Eminem. I think there are others out there way more talented but unlike him, they don't have his savvy.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

EXACTLY
    but maybe him growing some . . . and taking it Em
    would help him some.

Rocket River
    Risk or stagnate

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

There really are very few rappers as talented as Eminem. I'm not gonna suck his d--k or anything, but if you can name 5 other rappers alive today who can write lyrics that just flow without using cliched phrases and can rap in as many styles as he can then I would be very surprised. If you are only judging him by his stuff on the radio then you don't know how good he is. Also, the guy is pretty hard to touch in a battle with any other rapper. Jay-Z was talking about it in an interview if you don't take my word on it. Anyhow...Eminem writes some very complex lyrics and rhymes words that you don't hear in any other rap songs and he can rap in almost any style out there.

And also Eminem being like that is how he got to the top. Talking sh-t and not letting people talk sh-t about him.

11. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Tupac :)

I agree that Eminem is one of the VERY best now or even of all-time. He's got such great creativity and skills at flowing.

12. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

You better fu** yourself in the piehole. You better handle it, but I'd do it real slow (slow!). This opportunity cums once in a lifetime, ho!

13. codell

codell Contributing Member

You are going to give Yetti a heart attack.

14. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Vengeance, we seem to agree on most things musical.. Tupac is the ****... Eminem is definitely one of the best ever, imo.

15. Vengeance

3fg -- we need to talk music one of these days. I have a feeling we have a lot of the same albums :) AOL IM me -- my handle's in my profile.

Tupac is THE greatest rapper ever. No question.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If we're discussing the greatest Rappers of all time, the list goes

1.) Tupac Shakur - most influential rapper period, is almost martyr status here on the west coast.

2.) Run DMC - They help jump start rap into what it is.

3.) Biggie Smallz - Not because he was the greatest rapper, but because he was the equivalent to Tupac in the East in terms of his legend, and influence.

4.) Eminem - His ability to make things rhyme is astounding, started out as that crazy white guy with Dr. Dre, Made famous my his shocking lyrics, he is the most incredible rapper in the game today, no question he is #1 right now.

There's other great ones, but these are the elite.

"...Then quit bringin my flos, quit giving me my ammo
    Can't you see why i'm so mean? if y'all leave me alone, this wouldn't be my MO" - Eminem "My Dad's Gone Crazy"

17. Fatty FatBastard

Wow Moestavern... really showing your age, here.

N.W.A., and Public Enemy were far greater than 3 of your 4 choices, and that's just off the top of my head.

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That list sucks and I don't even listen to rap!

Where's Run DMC? Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5? Can you even say one line from "the Message" or "White Lines?"

Jay-Z, Snoop? Beastie Boys? Wu Tang? LL Cool J? Come on!

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Run DMC is number 2, check your glasses.

And if you don't listen to rap, why the hell are you even listing rappers?

And If you think Jay-Z is a good rapper, you are obviously someone who listens to lyrics that sound clever and never takes the time to truly realize they make horse**** for sense. LL Cool J is a pioneer, he is not the best, he has been around.

You guys didn't even mention Eric B and Rakim, two of the best ever. You are right, NWA rules forever, RIP Eazy-E. Wu-Tang used to be great, but they have been DOA since RZA left. Reakwon's Cuban Linx is still one of the best albums ever. Never really heard Public Enemy, so I don't have an opinion on them.

Slick Rick ruled.

#19 moestavern19, May 13, 2003
    Last edited: May 13, 2003
  20. Vengeance

I think it's a great list moestavern -- I wouldn't put Em on that list YET. He likely WILL be one of the top 4 ever, but I would give him a bit more time. I don't know whom to put in that 4 slot though. Certainly not Jay-Z, Wu-Tang, Snoop, etc. Jay-Z isn't really all that great, IMO. He has tons of singles, but most of them aren't really all that good.