1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you rooting for the Spurs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htwnbandit, Jun 1, 2014.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

As a Rockets fan, my answer is a resounding **** no. I don't know if I'm the only guy here that feels this way but the Spurs and Mavericks are the teams that I hate the most in the NBA, worse than even the Lakers and Jazz.

People outside CF (heck maybe even in CF) will call me a bandwagonner and all I can say is eat it. I'm an anti-Spurs/Mavs bandwagonner, if anything.

What about you all? Does the inner Rockets fan in you also make you root against SA, do you really hate the Heat/LeBron that much or do you always "go for the Texas teams"?

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

DAMMIT I forgot the poll. Fail

3. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Hell yes I am. They play exactly how a team is supposed to play. I have zero hatred for those guys. Nothing but respect.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Yeah, I am. That's a team that's going to get a 30 for 30 film done about them.
    They're fun to watch, and I hate the Heat.
    If it was Dallas on the other hand, I wouldn't be so sure. Dallas fans talk too much ****.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

in these situations, i dont root for teams, but players. I have nothing but respect for Tim Duncan. With that said **** the spurs

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Here is the rule: when it is intra state competition we all must hate the Spurs and Mavs. When it is inter state competition we support the Texas teams. That is the way I look at it.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Nope, the only time I root for the Spurs is when they play the 3 manifestations of evil for NBA teams...LA Lakers; Utah Jazz; and Dallas Mavericks.

P.S....Utah that namesake serves no genuine purpose to give it back to N.O. or work out something Memphis....Relinquish that name.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Tough call for sure, at least for me.

On the one hand, I have always hated them as rivals. On the other hand, I think Pop is smart and they've built success the right way, the smart way. And I so enjoy cheering against Lerbon for whatever reasons.

I think I will just savor whoever loses each game.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm rooting for Lebron because I think he will go down as the best player of all time, and I want him to shut all the haters up.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

No, I'm a LeBron fan.

11. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I support a good finals lol. If these guys can go 6-7 games then I don't really care who wins. There's a bonus to seeing both teams succeed. Seeing the Spurs win just further solidifies Pop and that team as one of the best dynasty's to ever play basketball. If the Heat win we get to watch Lebron's resume get even better. I also like to see the nonsensical Lebron haters eat ****. I don't like the guy but he's the best and when he plays well I think he's one of the most fun guys to watch play basketball.

A finals with the two best teams as well as the best player in the league is just a win-win situation. I was rooting against a okc vs heat finals because I figured miami would win in 4-5 games.

12. gregas

gregas Member

Yup, exactly that.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm a Lebron fan too. Plus I have an autographed card of him and Jordan, so want that to continue to climb with another title.

14. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Yeah I'm rooting for the Spurs. They are what I want to Rockets to become. Class and passion they expect to win and anything else is failure. They just play the game the way it's supposed to played.

15. Jim Stinehart

Jim Stinehart Member

I agree. Plus, the Spurs have not one, but two, fine point guards that play the game like Jeremy Lin. What's not to like about the Spurs?

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Go to thread tools and make the poll.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

Don't care about the geographic rivalry because I'm not even from the country.

Love the Spurs. Tim Duncan is a player who I find incredibly boring, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and think he's the best PF of all time. Pop should go down as one of the top 3 coaches of all time. The way the Spurs play is the way team basketball should be played. A player like Tony Parker could easily have ended up a Steve Francis if drafted by another team. Kawhi Leonard could be another Michael Kidd Gilchrist. Tiago Splitter a wanna be Nicola Pekovic. Manu Ginobili could be another Tony Delk. This organization knows how to pick winners, how to develop them individually and how to play a form of team basketball which produces more than the individual pieces. Nothing overly complicated. Just a lot of hard work, commitment, and preparation. Don't get too high on the highs. Don't get too low during the lows. Don't smile if you haven't locked up the game. Don't say anything with substance to the media. Don't demand a trade publicly. Don't diss your teammates. Avoid arguing with refs.

Just a fantastic organization and I hope they win so that their style becomes more prominent throughout the league, and I hope our entire organization from the owner down to the players watch them very closely.

1 person likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I hope the Spurs lose in 7 with Lebron hitting Lillard-esque game winner. That is my best case scenario.

1 person likes this.
  19. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Gee... pull for a team of professionals (in every sense o the word) who have stayed together for years, with little to no drama, who play unselfish team ball...
    or a team of overhyped 'superfriends' with a support group consisting of a buncha guys workin below scale, in hopes of stealing the ring they couldn't get as a starter....

let me think about it.... ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. showa13

showa13 Member

I root for the Spurs for a couple of reasons. I'm not the biggest fan of Lebron, I respect the fact that he is the best player on the planet(I'm a Durant fan, but bron is the best and it's not as close as people make it to be) but the fact is that he choked hard in 2011 and last year(Ray Allen saved his legacy) and people try to put him over Jordan when he isn't even top 5 of all time yet annoys the crap outta me. Also I think the Spurs will win cause they're not gonna let last year happen again, and that will lead to Pop, Manu, and Timmy riding off into the sunset on top and we don't have to deal with them anymore