1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you kidding me???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bigkstrong, May 7, 2009.

1. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

99% of the crowd at Staples Center were clueless, they still chanted MVP when LeBron has already been named it, and the crowd never truly gotten into it they way the TC does until those scuffles happened.

2. ibm

ibm Member

i didn't watch too many lakers games this year. has kobe really become a jumper shooter now, or does it also have to do with our defensive scheme?

my feeling is this is the first year that we see kobe start to decline, just like duncan last year. next year it will be more obvious.

3. bball1217

bball1217 Member

Preach On!

Shane is the MAN!

Go Rockets!

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

5. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

The fact is, even if Kobe wins a championship with his current squad, his days are numbered. He's 30 years old and he started playing in the nba at 18. He has to ice his knees for 30 min. 3 times a day. Eventually he will slow down or get injured and fade away.

6. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

And Yao didn't do it all game after every shot. What Kobe did is like someone constantly taking out a mirror and telling themselves how beautiful they are. That's a sign of insecurity as I ever seen.

7. 囧jason

囧jason Member

kobe is just a high school student ,,battier graduated from durk..they are totally different..but be yourself,that will be cute.but kobe on 2008 olympics..he is so hypocritical ..he pretend to be gentle after scoring much on some intenational players..he is faker..he just pretend..i think shak just hated him so much .there are some reasons for that...
    i bet that the champion this year will not be fakers..and kobe never ..he sucks.

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I remember hearing that while Bird and MJ were adored by the media as people of high class, they were anything but on and off the court.

Bird and MJ talked trash worse than anyone else in the game. MJ hit his own teammates in practice. He knocked Steve Kerr in practice once and I know he's done it a few times to others before. He's also been in a few fights in the NBA and did whatever it took to beat his opponents. He knew the tricks of the trade in getting away with illegal contact, which is exactly what any seasoned veteran would do. He was given more leeway of course, because he's MJ.

Off the court both had affairs while married, and Bird went in complete denial about one kid that was practically a duplicate of his, only to deny that the boy was his kid at all. MJ had a long standing affair, and has a bad gambling problem. He's competitive as hell and while that helped make him so great in basketball, its been a huge weakness in gambling and other sports.

Kobe is worse than MJ in how he carries himself, but MJ was far from a role model as a person.

9. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Kobe was playing out of fear obviously that's why he was compulsive. Probably didn't get sleep and worry too much after losing game 1. You never seen that from Jordan. Jordan is class. And out of the fear, you see a dirty side from him. He shows his true character. I think Artest should guard him next because Artest it more physical and lengthier and much closer in your face. If he let Kobe drive then we have Yao inside....just like how he contain Roy.

10. willb

willb Member

history is how people interpret it. its obviously easy to denounce kobe these days and talk about how classy mj was when he really wasnt. and when you have an article in the ny times talking about how you contain kobe you kind of expect an hyper competitive guy like kobe to respond back.

11. Yao Ming's foot

I'm amazed it to so long for someone to actually get it.

You guys are welcome to believe that Battier = GOOD and Kobe= EVIL though. Its quite entertaining.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yep. Kobe is the biggest jackass in the game. But I guess it brings the ratings, and that's why the NBA makes no effort to give him more techs for that garbage and get him to clean up his act.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Yeah, Jordan was an ass sometimes, too. That doesn't make it ok for Kobe to be the same way (and I still fully believe that Kobe is worse than Jordan in that regard). There are PLENTY of other superstars who have shown humility (relative to Kobe, especially) over the years, and today. Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Hakeem, Hill... Just to name a small few.

14. mister pc

mister pc Member

i believe kobe has an immature mentality that stems from an oversized ego. He was making millions of dollars and schooling people in the NBA at age 18, its conceivable how that might stunt a person's emotional development (*cough*TMAC*cough*). But Battier was not effective at all on defense. Adleman need to start putting 2 people on Kobe or something, because Battier was not getting the job done with that face-guarding technique.

15. kwng

kwng Member

Shane is just a too-nice-guy and I saw how to tried so hard to guard kobe without contact. I believe Shane should foul him at times or make contact
    at times rattle kobe slightly. I think Ron often guard kobe with some physical contact but Ron is not as quick as Shane.

16. slimichael85

slimichael85 Member

Nice written thread.
    Kobe is a jerk, so do the lakers under his leadership

17. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

And the whole "the media pissed him off thing" is a lameass excuse. You take out your anger out by just dominating the game. There's no need for the extracurricular activity. What does he gain from that? Is the media going to respect him more now since he dominated the game AND managed to do so while talking ****? ... I don't think so.

18. Yao Ming's foot

You can have those guys and I'll take Kobe, Shaq, Garnett, Bird and Jordan. A league full of just humble guys is a less entertaining one.

19. Yao Ming's foot

What does he gain? I'm guessing if Kobe keeps this up your GM will think twice before labeling Battier the Kobe stopper in national print.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Are you even a Rockets fan? Based on your username and your posts, I'm thinking no.

I don't want douchebags on my team. It's pretty hard to root for and support guys that aren't at least somewhat likeable on the court. I'm not entertained by showboating and unmitigated douchery. I'm entertained by well-played basketball.

Maybe you should stick to watching Jerry Springer rather than professional sports.