1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy the Patriots Lost?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Butterfingers, Feb 3, 2008.

?

Are you happy the Patriots lost?

1. Yes

217 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. No

91 vote(s)
    29.5%
  1. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

This is bittersweet for me. I dont really like the Patriots so them losing is not that big of a deal for me, and the Giants are an easy to team to root for with Eli and Strahan. However I really wanted to be a part of history and be able to tell my kids that I was able to watch the greatest football team in the history of the NFL(so much for that :rolleyes: ). Oh well at least the Giants are a deserving team and they played their asses off, but even though I dont like the Patriots, I really wanted to see the Patriots win this one just for historys sake. How are your feelings towards this?

2. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

now you can tell your kids you witnessed the biggest choke in history.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

FREAKIN' ECSTATIC.

it's a happy evening in the moestavern/Miguel/finalsbound household.

what a ****ing DRIVE at the end...although i was hoping the pats would tie it at 17 so plaxico could catch the game winning TD for a 23-17 win in OT. :p

(this is fb btw)

4. Butterfingers

Im not really the hater type of person so I dont get too much satisfaction from other people losing except for when its the Dallas Mavericks(Burn Cuban Burn). Honestly i feel bad for teams when they are a HUGE favorite and they lose.

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

You can tell your kids you watched the greatest upset in the history of NFL!

Hell ya i wanted to see the Pats lose! They are surely the most deserving of this! :D :D :D

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I was pulling for them to shut up the 72 Dolphins.

Oh well. Good for Eli and Strahan

7. Butterfingers

hahaha are all miguel and moes roomies? And yeah this was a great superbowl/last drive. Patriots always manage to produce a great superbowl.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yes and no.

I wanted them to lose but part of me wanted to see history made.

Sort of like the fact that only one 6th seed has ever won the NBA championship....(We may all be rooting for that number to go up this year.).

So, I am mediocrly happy.

DD

9. Sextuple Double

I wanted Randy Moss to get a ring and give a Bob Knight-esque speech to the haters.

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

absolutely, I didn't want that team going 19-0.

11. Butterfingers

I KNOW!!! Thats another huge reason i wanted the Patriots to win. Shut those arrogant damn fish up.

12. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

What's a bigger choke, Mavs v. Warriors or Pats v. G-Men?

That's a tough one.

Pats: Ruined their "pursuit of perfection," lost in the SuperBowl, lost on a last drive so that makes it more heartbreaking!

Mavs: first #1 to lose to #8 in 7 game series, had the best regular season record, they were basically embarrassed!

Both: were crowned champs before the playoffs, both lost to teams that barely made it into the playoffs

One thing to think about that might make the Mavs lose worst: The NFL is a one-game playoff. Any one team could be better than another in one game, but the NBA is made to ensure the "better" team gets an upper hand! L

Either way, both bring me great joy! I hate both teams and I love the fact that both lost!

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am happy because I hate Brady. I also don't like the Giants, but they were the lesser of two evils.

I mostly don't care about pro football at all, and I watched puppy bowl IV on Animal Planet rather than watch the Super Bowl.

I like the college game, but can't stand the NFL. Though I'm a Vince Only fan, so that has kept me slightly interested.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Happy?

I'm still sporting wood. :D

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm happier than you can imagine! If I could have written a script on how the Patriots season would end, this was it. A crushing, last-second loss in the Super Bowl to a team nearly everyone thought they would crush.

16. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

150 reasons I am actually sad that the Patriots didn't win by 13 or more.

But if they weren't gonna cover..I am just as happy to see em lose. Smug, cheating sumbys.

17. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Nope. But I'm happy I watched an incredible end to one of the best Super Bowls in recent history. I've probably lost interest by the 3rd quarter of most Super Bowls in the past 15 years. And I did enjoy watching Belicheck have to eat it hard. On the next episode of Cheaters...

[​IMG]

I know many like to see the best teams fall, but I'm over that phase. I was hoping to witness history, but the Giants showed the Patriots don't deserve it so I'm not disappointed at all.

18. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

You get to tell your kids that you saw Manning-to-Tyree, which will be replayed weekly until the end of ESPN.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I don't get the "want to see history made" attitude. This is what sports is all about. This is why the games are played...and all that other sports cliches.

The Pats are an easy team to root against even if they were going for history. I don't get that sense of aura either on the Pats like the Montana 49ers.

Also the Pats looked beatable when the season was winding down, they weren't dominating like they were in the beginning of the season.

20. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I don't even like football!

I spent the evening masturbating!