1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you ESPN fans going to cry when they don’t talk about the Rockets anymore ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2021.

?

Tears

1. For fears

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. For cheers

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think I'll be bummed (not crying and I don't care what the talking heads say when we get back to that point) but more so because if the media isn't hating on the Rockets - it means we aren't a threat to winning ****. Even when hakeem was here during that Knicks win - the media would have loved NY to win that chip.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-07-01-sp-10639-story.html

"Regional Rockets: The cover Sports Illustrated wouldn’t print for the rest of the nation--and almost didn’t print at all--was a sellout in Houston.

The special cover of NBA MVP Hakeem Olajuwon and the champion Houston Rockets was only available in Houston and only on 300,000 copies. The rest featured World Cup soccer out front.

SI had planned to publish a special edition only if the New York Knicks won the championship. But the New York-based magazine reversed the decision after outraged Houstonians swamped their switchboards with complaints
    ."

I know the Rockets aren't loved by everyone but that's some pretty big disrespect.

tinman likes this.
  2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'm honestly quite excited for the board to quiet down. Tons are only here because they're bandwagon fans, cluttering up our feeds & watering down the quality content.

Asian Sensation and tinman like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

It’s only a matter of time with Deshaun. I’ve already prepared myself.

DatRocketFan, CCity Zero and treyk3 like this.
  4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I really think that one is going to end up differently.

I felt that way about Harden but I'm a lot less emotionally attached to the NFL, Watson or the Texans at this point than I am the Rockets.

Easterby gone and Staley hired with D4 blessing (Ramsey loves Staley and is a close friend of D4).

Instant fix.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

we’ll see...I just have zero faith in the Texans as an organization...a talent like him won’t want to stay here carrying a scrub squad as he loses every Sunday...he will never get the recognition

CCity Zero and treyk3 like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch
    we will never forget!

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You have no reason to believe otherwise. Nearly 20 years of mediocrity.

Reeko likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tua time!

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wish it was even just mediocrity...franchise win percentage of just 44%

sigh

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I honestly don't know Wtf they were thinking these last years with BoB and the awful trades..... And then that game against KC... It was almost as bad as the GD Oilers "The Comeback" game and that collapse... So bad that it has an official name -

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)

YAY HOUSTON SPORTS!! lol, don't get started on the Akeem Phi Slama Jama UH upsets - thankfully Hakeem and Drexler got theirs together in 95.

Reeko likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the Hopkins trade was so deflating...I was stunned

so many people texted me on that day asking what I thought, and I simply had no words

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, I couldn't explain it to anyone either... Such a mess.

Reeko likes this.