1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you as frustrated as I am as a Texans Fan?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by wadero, Mar 12, 2013.

1. wadero

wadero Member

If this needs to be move it. I have been a fan of the Texans since the start of the Franchise and I am frustrated. It seems that the Organization is interested in building thru the draft and signing good charecter guys. While this worked in the begining it is know time to go all in. We have a very limited Window and the Trades that went down yesterday make we wonder what the Hell are they doing in HTown? I can see the need to resign Glover and the Back up RT but we need a WR to help both Dre and Schaub. We cant wait for a draft pick to come a long in a year or two. We need to get someone who can produce know. Are you guys as pissed as I am?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Being pissed is a waste of time. Just sit back and enjoy the kids. They work hard out there and give their best.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

NO. No need for a new thread just to ask us this. BE PATIENT, man. :eek: It has been working for the last couple years. JJ Watt says HELLO.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

feel the same way, the Schaub/AJ window is maybe three years, and there doesn't seem to be any sense or urgency to win now

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

No, I think we're almost there. It's just a matter of whether all the pieces can perform the way they should at the same time. At times last year, this team could have won the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, they fizzled down the stretch.

Besides that, I don't know if anyone battles harder than we do.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The freaking out because percy and bolden moves are real annoying. They just aren't prudent moves given the state of the texans at this point.

7. 713

713 Member

2 Year window before Andrew Luck takes the division. Sadly, this team can only build through the draft because they don't have enough cap room to bring in someone significant because team spent 1/3 salary on players like Schaub, Walters, and Jonathan Joseph.

So guys, be patient and let's just hand the division to Luck in 2015.

1 person likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm not pissed...but I feel like they've plateaued...I think they hit their ceiling. I hope I'm wrong.

9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not really sure why you would be pissed. Given the money that both Boldin and Harvin are receiving, there is no way the Texans would have made those moves. If anything, those are the types of moves that set you BACK as a franchise when you don't have additional flexibility. The Niners and Seahawks are in very different places as franchises right now than the Texans. Building through the draft is EXACTLY what this team needs.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

The only thing I'm upset about is that Kevin Walter is our 2nd receiver. We had opportunities to go after guys for example like Brandon Lloyd, Percy Harvin or even using Boldin as an example. Do you not think we could give up more than a 6th round pick and cut some salary to get Boldin? It's a damn shame to have someone with Andre Johnson caliber and then put some scrub like Kevin Walter out there with him.

Please don't post numbers about how Kevin Walter is an above average receiver. Anyone would have decent numbers out here next to Andre. Put a stud #2 out there and defenses wouldn't know what to do. It would be like Arizona in the Fitz Boldin days. Kurt Warner was loving that.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't understand why anyone is ready to hand Luck the division with JJ Watt on the team.

I don't think people realize how special this guy is. He had a Hall of Fame season his 2nd year in the league and 2 years in is already a top 3 player on defense. If you don't think one defensive player can't have the impact of a QB than players like Troy Polamalu and Ray Lewis say hello.

Watt will (or should) pretty much make our defense really good for a long time. We just need that second superstar now. Joseph is good, he's a star not a superstar...same can be said for Cushing.

12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I was more frustrated all those years when the Texan's couldn't make the playoffs. I feel like our town has a competative football team again, and I look forward to Sundays during the football season. For me as a fan that's all I can ask for.

1 person likes this.
  13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's also exactly why those teams can make moves like they have, because they have a ton of cheap players.

Texans are pretty tapped out in terms of paying their skilled positions so the remaining positions need to be filled on draftees.

This is a huge draft. They have to hit on 2 or 3 guys to be quality starters/contributors.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, you have the right to be frustrated.

What a poorly managed team. Where is Daryl Morey when you need him?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We peaked incredibly late, it is what it is. We have no flexibility to improve.

1 person likes this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem was overpaying guys like Schaub and not willing to let them go. I think now that this team has got over that 'playoff' hump they will not be that desperate to resign guys at high prices.

We may see guys like Barwin and Casey go. Very nice players, but replaceable players. Quinn would be hard to replace though but we could stand to do better at safety with bout of our starters. Texans usually got beat deep against Elite QBs, if they had a ball-hawk safety that would make QBs think twice about putting that ball up there that would equal more sacks and INTs surely.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Brian Cushing is absolutely a superstar. Outside of the duo in SF, I'm not sure there's another ILB I would take over Cush.

And I think the bigger issue is not that the window is closing, and the team is doing nothing.....it's that there was a solid 2 years that were wasted BEFORE the last 2 years where this team should have absolutely been a playoff team. If we were coming off our 4th straight playoff appearance, I think everyone would be talking about how this team needs to start looking to the draft for depth, and that an injection of youth would do this team some good. The Frank Bush/Richard Smith eras were an absolute debacle, and may have cost Andre years off his prime.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

of course you have the right to be pissed.

it's obvious that schaub is a waste of money and isn't going to take this team anywhere to anybody with a working set of eyes. unfortunately, the front office either doesn't have said set of eyes and/or isn't aggressive enough to dump him and move on when it's obvious that they should.

19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

fire the special team's coach and i'll be satisfied for now

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I feel that the league as a whole has evolved and caught up with our style of offense and I'm not optimistic that Kubiak is willing to go outside the box enough with it. I think we'll continue to be a top 10 caliber offense (yardage) but won't make the timely and clutch plays that win games.

If Kubiak insists on being a run first team, we need to have damn near the best o-line in the league to compete for a championship and right now we're not at that level.

All that being said, it's the freaking first day of free agency! Yes, it looks like we will lose some players, but everyone freaks out this time of year because everyone else is making seemingly big splashes. Give it through the draft and through those cap casualty cut periods to judge the offseason.