1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Are we spoiled as fans???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Young Prophet, Jul 5, 2012.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I never said you were wrong, I said you were delusional. :p

2. Young Prophet

Young Prophet Member

i guess i'm right then

and delusional

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

No kidding. I feel like people need to have at least two people rep them for a post they make, for them to be able to make threads.

Nothing too extreme where only handful of people can make threads, but selective enough that not everybody who signs up can auto-make a thread.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its already set up to where new members can't make threads until they get promoted from their rookie status. For some reason some people start off as members with 0 posts. :confused:

5. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Why does it have to come to not watching because I want my team to be elite?

Sports is BLACK OR WHITE. You either winning or you are not. The "grey" area is what we are in now.

Mediocrity at its freakin best.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

No but Laker fans are.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this thread needs to be stickied to constantly remind us that clueless noobs should not have thread starting privileges.

1 person likes this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It's not our job. It's the team's.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Wait. Is this a "how old are you thread"?

10. lalala902102001

Are we spoiled as Rockets fans?

Ask any Lakers fan.

11. rocketseagles07

This is common sense. We are no different than any other fans. This is just another thread defending the God GM aka morey that you guys love. Every GM is on their teams side, that doesn't mean they make the right decisions. Stop acting like were "spoiled" and naive as fans because that's how all fans are. I have moreys back and ill support the team regardless of how much we win/lose but this isn't realistic as far as I'm concerned.

12. Raven

Raven Member

Les. When Yao went down 36+ months ago, Les could have ordered an immediate tear down and rebuild. Instead we wasted two whole years with the 24 minutes a game fiasco.

It's on Les.

Les is Drayton.

Same approach, same results.

But maybe Les has woken up, maybe we can rebuild, but that means no band aids, and a full tilt tail spin right into the bottom of the standings.

1 person likes this.
  13. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

Being spoiled would mean something like we were contending for championships every year and we don't win one but every 8-10 and we got mad. We are contending for 8th spot in the playoffs for years. We have nothing to be spoiled about.

14. zzpot

zzpot Member

I will second that..... With... People have screamed for a long time to gut the team and tank.
    What happened with the Dwightmare (AKA a Movie soga) was just that. D-Morey and Les gutted the team to the bone and in doing so stuck to their guns of always trying to win.
    I'm not sure people are picking up on this.. Les and Morey are now in the clear for stripping the Rockets to the bone and also are both heroes for rebuilding the team at the same time.
    I can dig it man.. It's a supper sharp move and no one can say they designed it this way. We where going BALLS OUT for Howard Right!!!????
    I like were we are at and I'm cool with the moves.

zzpot

15. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

P.S. It's funny to me how everyone on here takes up for "Morey" and acts like they are on a first name basis with him. If you were on a job and had his results, 0%, you would have been cut a long time ago with no remorse.

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

Just because you get mad, that doesn't mean you aren't a Rockets fan. I get mad/happy with every move. But that's because I bleed Rockets Red. I'll never ever cheer for another team, but that doesn't mean I can't show some emotion when it comes to cheering for my team.

That's what being a fan is all about, the un-wavering support, never ending emotions, and maybe even some complaining. But that goes along with being on the constant roller coaster known as the Houston Rockets.

17. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Fan is short for fanatics, so I wouldn't say we are spoiled just that some aren't realistic.

I mean as a fan base, so many people allow themselves to think it is the City of Houston (the 4th largest in the US) that is the problem getting a star rather the obvious lack of a superstar capable of helping win a championship that so many free agents and star level players seek when choosing where they go. It is childish I will admit but spoiled isn't the word for Houston Rockets fandom at least currently.

18. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

I'll tell you who are spoiled fans - Lakers Fans. They get everything they want. To call fans of a mediocre team who hasn't been a playoff threat in years is stupid.

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

yea spoiled from sucking

20. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

O rly? And if "everyone on here" calls him "Morey", how is that a first name basis? I thought that was his last name? But I'm just one of those dumb zero-percenters that would have been cut with no remorse.